Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K5 EX without the premium package and thus without smart cruise control. I have an LFA button and if I press it the indicator light comes on and alternates between green and white as if it's working. The features guide, though, says that Lane Following Assist works only with Smart Cruise Control. Does this button actually do anything on my vehicle?

All in all a great car, BTW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the icon a steering wheel?
You have the camera on top of the windshield?
Yes, a steering wheel. And I have the big unit at the top of the windshield that could certainly accommodate a camera; the plain EX has lane keeping and front collision cross-traffic warnings which AFAIK need a camera.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
Yes, a steering wheel. And I have the big unit at the top of the windshield that could certainly accommodate a camera; the plain EX has lane keeping and front collision cross-traffic warnings which AFAIK need a camera.
It will turn green after you reach 40mph to indicate its functional. It will warn you if you get close to lines. If you go into the menu, you can change it to 'assist' and it will warn as well as auto adjust the steering wheel for you. Try going to the owners portal for more info. Kia Owners Portal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will turn green after you reach 40mph to indicate its functional. It will warn you if you get close to lines. If you go into the menu, you can change it to 'assist' and it will warn as well as auto adjust the steering wheel for you. Try going to the owners portal for more info. Kia Owners Portal
This I know. But it seems that the Features guide may be wrong in saying that LFA works only with smart cruise control; there's no mention of that limitation in the manual, at least as far as I can find out.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
This I know. But it seems that the Features guide may be wrong in saying that LFA works only with smart cruise control; there's no mention of that limitation in the manual, at least as far as I can find out.
I believe it works as is. But with smart cruise, it will slow car down and speed up as necessary. However, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe it works as is. But with smart cruise, it will slow car down and speed up as necessary. However, I could be wrong.
That sounds correct based on my limited understanding. I also have the EX without Premium Package. This functionality works fine by helping keep the car in the lane, but does not adjust speed for the reason you mentioned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a K5 EX without the premium package and thus without smart cruise control. I have an LFA button and if I press it the indicator light comes on and alternates between green and white as if it's working. The features guide, though, says that Lane Following Assist works only with Smart Cruise Control. Does this button actually do anything on my vehicle?

Ok just to clarify some things.
LANE FOLLOWING ASSIST (LFA)The button that is like a steering wheel on the steering wheel is for -Lane Centering- and will automatically turn the steering wheel itself to keep you centered.( it goes by the lines painted on road, so be mindful of exits) basically its like autodrive without speed control, works best with mild curves or interstates, will work ok on regular roads as long as u pay attention too. it turns GREEN if it can tell where the car is in lane, which means its active. it turns white when it doesnt know where it is. which means its off waiting to find where it is. put it between the lines again and it will turn green again. i (dont) think it is speed senstive
LANE KEEPING ASSIST(LKA) button which is by your left knee where the dimmer for dash light is. that will do a beep if on, or will steer you back on road away from lines if active.( think of bouncing you back and forth between lines)
Hope this helps!! Love this car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok just to clarify some things.
LANE FOLLOWING ASSIST (LFA)The button that is like a steering wheel on the steering wheel is for -Lane Centering- and will automatically turn the steering wheel itself to keep you centered.( it goes by the lines painted on road, so be mindful of exits) basically its like autodrive without speed control, works best with mild curves or interstates, will work ok on regular roads as long as u pay attention too. it turns GREEN if it can tell where the car is in lane, which means its active. it turns white when it doesnt know where it is. which means its off waiting to find where it is. put it between the lines again and it will turn green again. i (dont) think it is speed senstive
LANE KEEPING ASSIST(LKA) button which is by your left knee where the dimmer for dash light is. that will do a beep if on, or will steer you back on road away from lines if active.( think of bouncing you back and forth between lines)
Hope this helps!! Love this car.
Thank you. I know this from reading the manual. I was questioning the accuracy of the Functions Guide when it said that this operated only in conjunction with Smart Cruise control.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
36 Posts

I donot have Smart Cruise on my K5 and LFA on mine works great. The system turns itself on and off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts