Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I might be able to order LED tail lights from? I bought the EX without the premium package because I wanted the wireless CarPlay, but really wanted the LED tail lights.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would reach out to some salvage yards. I saw a post the other day that was referencing multiple crashed k5's. Otherwise probably only kia and they're probably not available yet. And stupid expensive
I actually was able to locate all of the parts for what I think is a reasonable cost. However, I have reached out to two Kia dealerships and Kia USA (as well as a custom shop my dealership runs) and they have all said that if the car isn't wired for LED already, they can't be used. I'm sure that there is a way, but unfortunately I wouldn't know where to even start. Guess I'll wait a while and see if anyone ends up doing it before me with some instructions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks! I actually found/downloaded the entire electrical diagrams for the tail lights last night, and it appears that the change could be done relatively easily (if i'm reading the diagrams correctly anyway)
Please share your findings. Could you post link to diagram as I too will be doing this to my new K5. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I might be able to order LED tail lights from? I bought the EX without the premium package because I wanted the wireless CarPlay, but really wanted the LED tail lights.
Does the non premium ex not have the light bar going across the rear? I have the ex and it doesn't have the full lights going across is this normal?
Does the non premium ex not have the light bar going across the back? Mine doesn't..

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does the non premium ex not have the light bar going across the rear? I have the ex and it doesn't have the full lights going across is this normal?

Does the non premium ex not have the light bar going across the back? Mine doesn't..
It does not. Only on the premium

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Please share your findings. Could you post link to diagram as I too will be doing this to my new K5. Thanks!!!
in case you didn’t see it

·
Registered
26 Posts
in case you didn’t see it

I was able to order the LED tail light assembly (92403-L3110). I would think wiring these up to the existing lights should not be that difficult. I could be wrong. I know on the trunk lid portion there are lights that light up so I was thinking on tapping into those. Any thoughts? Anyone? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I installed the LED lamp strip (center) on my K5 LXS with no issues at all. All plug and play. Only needed is a 10mm Socket wrench and remove 8 bolts.
Here are some pictures. It's 402.00 and it's genuine KIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok.. I have an LXS and I’ve been wanting to do this since I bought the car. I’ve been told it wasn’t possible by a detailing place as well as a rep from Kia. I’m happy to learn they were wrong. However, I am very bad at installing things... does anybody have a suggestion on who could help me?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts