Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased end of March in Portland. Happy with it so far (love would be pushing it). My biggest complaint so far is that I cannot connect my old iPod by cable. So I switched to my iPod Touch, which has Bluetooth. I use an Android phone and never have put music on the phone. However, the Bluetooth connection is spotty and rarely connects promptly. Today I tried disconnecting the phone (which I never use thru the car) and remove and unpair the Bluetooth connection. Hoping this will force a faster Bluetooth connection to the Touch. I have simple needs, just want my music to play when I turn on the car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
I haven't used a USB-based MP3 player yet but from what I noticed the Wireless AA/AC seems to override the cable connection so I'm forced to use Wireless AA/AC when connecting with my phone to play music. If I try to use USB, it'll pop up a message telling me to use Wireless AA/AC.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX - Everlasting Silver
14 Posts
Purchased end of March in Portland. Happy with it so far (love would be pushing it). My biggest complaint so far is that I cannot connect my old iPod by cable. So I switched to my iPod Touch, which has Bluetooth. I use an Android phone and never have put music on the phone. However, the Bluetooth connection is spotty and rarely connects promptly. Today I tried disconnecting the phone (which I never use thru the car) and remove and unpair the Bluetooth connection. Hoping this will force a faster Bluetooth connection to the Touch. I have simple needs, just want my music to play when I turn on the car.
Does your LXS have a USB data port? if so, read on...

I have a K5 EX with the standard 8.5" display and wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay. It has a USB port to allow for a wired connection as well as access to USB storage devices. I took a 64GB Sandisk Nano USB thumbdrive, loaded it up with over 3000 tracks (organized into folders as well as correct metadata tags). This USB drive stays permanently inserted into that USB port.

I have my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A20) autoconnect wirelessly for hands-free calls and navigation, but I use the thumbdrive for music. It automatically plays music when I turn on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts