Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone been able to use the door button to lock the doors while the keys are outside the car (either turned on or off)?

Ie Leaving another adult in car, I walk in to store with keys, we can not lock doors with either keys or door buttons.

Thx,
John

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone been able to use the door button to lock the doors while the keys are outside the car (either turned on or off)?

Ie Leaving another adult in car, I walk in to store with keys, we can not lock doors with either keys or door buttons.

Thx,
John
I know you cant with engine on.. It will just beep..but my wife has locked the car many times with the interior buttons while I go into the store for something.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi,

Thx,
John
No problem locking the doors with either using the door button while the key fob is in my pocket or using the key fob lock switch itself.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Here's another related question: is there a way to unlock all doors using the driver-side door button? I know the passenger side unlocks all doors but the driver side seem to only unlock the front doors. Every time I go to dry my door jambs after a wash, I have to open up the driver door and unlock the doors. 😩

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's another related question: is there a way to unlock all doors using the driver-side door button? I know the passenger side unlocks all doors but the driver side seem to only unlock the front doors. Every time I go to dry my door jambs after a wash, I have to open up the driver door and unlock the doors. 😩
I know you can change fob setting on the nav. I think its under connivence. imagine you could change the door button as well but dealer may have to do it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
I know you can change fob setting on the nav. I think its under connivence. imagine you could change the door button as well but dealer may have to do it.
I'll have to look into that... I wonder if there's a way for the dealer to have the fob open the windows remotely, too.

I was reading up on my mom's 2020 RAV4 and apparently it has that feature but it has to be enabled by the dealer if it wasn't already.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
669 Posts
I'll have to look into that... I wonder if there's a way for the dealer to have the fob open the windows remotely, too.

I was reading up on my mom's 2020 RAV4 and apparently it has that feature but it has to be enabled by the dealer if it wasn't already.
I was hoping it can open and close windows.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
One more thing, have you guys ever encountered an issue where if you don't close the door all the way, like the latch is latched on to the hook but the door is still slightly ajar and you go and lock the door, the car will have trouble unlocking the door using the door button.

It's a weird issue and had it happen a few times when I didn't give it enough force to close it all the way.

·
Registered
375 Posts
One more thing, have you guys ever encountered an issue where if you don't close the door all the way, like the latch is latched on to the hook but the door is still slightly ajar and you go and lock the door, the car will have trouble unlocking the door using the door button.

It's a weird issue and had it happen a few times when I didn't give it enough force to close it all the way.
Ya I have experienced that on many cars Including this one. Was a big problem when I was working for Lexus on the GX rear door.
trick is to hip bump the door Shut. Then unlock 😆

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Oh good, it's not just me then. lol I used to bump the door of my old car with my butt whenever that happened, but I don't want to damage this car while it's still fairly new. 😂

1 - 20 of 21 Posts