Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting,
I have a complete set of M&S Storm lowering springs that sadly I can not use. The springs were installed on my K5 for 2 months and looked amazing. I purchased my new wheels and tires before getting the springs and was not aware the new wheels have a 35 offset which causes them to stick out about 6-7 mm to much so when I hit a large dip or bump in the road, the tires would hit the fenders.
SO.. I had them removed and re installed the OEM springs for now. If your interested, I would sell them for $200.00 plus shipping of $25.00.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greeting,
I have a complete set of M&S Storm lowering springs that sadly I can not use. The springs were installed on my K5 for 2 months and looked amazing. I purchased my new wheels and tires before getting the springs and was not aware the new wheels have a 35 offset which causes them to stick out about 6-7 mm to much so when I hit a large dip or bump in the road, the tires would hit the fenders.
SO.. I had them removed and re installed the OEM springs for now. If your interested, I would sell them for $200.00 plus shipping of $25.00. View attachment 1346 View attachment 1347 View attachment 1348 View attachment 1349
How much did it lower it? I may be interested.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did it lower it? I may be interested.
A solid 1 3/4 in on front and rear. I could have had the back plate on the wheel machined down but was concerned about what that would do to the structural integrity of the wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A solid 1 3/4 in on front and rear. I could have had the back plate on the wheel machined down but was concerned about what that would do to the structural integrity of the wheel.
Bottoming out the wheels didn’t do any damage to the springs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bottoming out the wheels didn’t do any damage to the springs?
Where did you get (bottoming out the wheels) from? The tires would rub against the inside of the fender on a big bump / dip. The springs were not the issue here. The offset of the new wheels and tires were the issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where did you get (bottoming out the wheels) from? The tires would rub against the inside of the fender on a big bump / dip. The springs were not the issue here. The offset of the new wheels and tires were the issue.
Well when you said you hit a bump it would rub the fender you were referring to the wheel rubbing the inside of the fender because of the offset of the wheel. For whatever reason i was thinking the tire was hitting the top of the fender well. My bad. Sorry I blew up.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT Line
6 Posts
Greeting,
SO.. I had them removed and re installed the OEM springs for now. If your interested, I would sell them for $200.00 plus shipping of $25.00. View attachment 1346 View attachment 1347 View attachment 1348 View attachment 1349
Your car looks sick!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts