Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a time restriction for the Kia military discount? It says " Customers must be members in Active Duty, honorably discharged from, retired from, or on disability with the United States Armed Forces (including Reservists)." Some other manufacturers I've looked at like Nissan have restrictions that for honorably discharged (but not retired) you must have separated in the last 2-3 years.

Kia doesn't list this in their info, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried to claim the discount and been denied for that reason.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
You probably saw the same thing I did... I didn't see any info about it, other than "see your local dealer for more info".
Font Screenshot Number Pattern Document

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great to hear. Been out since 2007, so it's been a while for me.
I don’t even ask if they do it, I just bring my DD-214 and after the deal is all done tell them I’d also like the military discount and hand them the form. It probably doesn’t make a difference but this way we already have a deal and they know I’m serious so I highly doubt they’d risk losing it over $400.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a time restriction for the Kia military discount? It says " Customers must be members in Active Duty, honorably discharged from, retired from, or on disability with the United States Armed Forces (including Reservists)." Some other manufacturers I've looked at like Nissan have restrictions that for honorably discharged (but not retired) you must have separated in the last 2-3 years.

Kia doesn't list this in their info, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried to claim the discount and been denied for that reason.
I

I have used the military discount for the 5 KIA'S that I have owned since 2013. I was discharged from the Army in 1969 and all you have to do when buying a Kia,
is to bring your DD-214 with you to get your military discount.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I also used it 3 time over the past nine years and was discharged in 1980.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts

Im a 22 year military veteran i got $3000 discount

1 - 10 of 10 Posts