Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if getting a muffler delete will void my warranty on the car? I really want it to have that aggressive sound but not sure if the dealership will cover my warranty still.

·
Registered
43 Posts
you could have the existing muffler cutout and add exhaust Flanges to it and have a straight pipe of the same size made. when you need to go to the dealer; swap out the pipe for the muffler.
But I don't think adding or deleting a muffler would void the dealer warranty.

JM

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could have the existing muffler cutout and add exhaust Flanges to it and have a straight pipe of the same size made. when you need to go to the dealer; swap out the pipe for the muffler.
But I don't think adding or deleting a muffler would void the dealer warranty.

JM
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure. But got the muffler delete and loving how my car sounds now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you purchase a kit? If so, where? Another option is to take the car to a muffler shop and have them replace the mufflers with straight pipes. How did you do yours?

I've been looking for a bolt on kit and can't find one anywhere.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you purchase a kit? If so, where? Another option is to take the car to a muffler shop and have them replace the mufflers with straight pipes. How did you do yours?

I've been looking for a bolt on kit and can't find one anywhere.
I just did a straight pipe with stock resonator.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Do you have a pic of how the underside looks on the driver's side? Most if not all the under carriage images I've seen have all been the FWD-only models so I've been curious on how much space is open on the driver's side for AWD models.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a pic of how the underside looks on the driver's side? Most if not all the under carriage images I've seen have all been the FWD-only models so I've been curious on how much space is open on the driver's side for AWD models.
Not right now I’ll take one tomorrow and post it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Thanks! I'm just wondering how much space is on that side on the AWD for a dual exhaust setup.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
I've actually been following his mods and changes to his K5! lol He changed his exhaust a few times already. The one he has on now actually looks and sounds pretty good. He initially tried a muffler delete but added back individual mufflers to both sides of the exhaust because it was giving him some back pressure error messages.

He also tried out Pedal Commander but decided to remove it. I forgot exactly why but he found something he really didn't like with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts