Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week every time I try to program a destination in the navigation, after I input the destination and the program is finding it and trying to map a route to it I get the message "unsuccessful, try again." No matter how many times I try or what address I input or if it's a sunny day or cloudy or if I'm close to a building or not I get this message. What is stranger is if I drive the car for maybe 20 feet it finds the destination and maps normally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the last week every time I try to program a destination in the navigation, after I input the destination and the program is finding it and trying to map a route to it I get the message "unsuccessful, try again." No matter how many times I try or what address I input or if it's a sunny day or cloudy or if I'm close to a building or not I get this message. What is stranger is if I drive the car for maybe 20 feet it finds the destination and maps normally.
I am having the same issue with mine as well, called the dealer and they tell me to reset the radio unit, didn’t work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue...the message says Unsuccessfull. Press to retry. I then proceed to press the Offline Routing and then the directions are displayed. I am wondering if this tied to the fact that I no longer have the SiriusXM subscription which in the past included the local traffic info. I would like to see what Kia's response is for those of you who take it in.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
From what I understand, the navigation is tied to the UVO subscription in the new Kias, which should come with the car for 1 year after purchase.

Curious to know what Kia says about it, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, If your dealer fixes yours, I’m scheduling mine next week too
Went to the dealer a couple days ago. I showed the mechanic what it was doing every time I tried using it. He saw the problem and acknowledged it. He didn't do anything to fix it and sent the service order through as (unable to duplicate the complaint, even though he saw it numerous times. I asked the service department person why it said unable to duplicate the problem and was told they looked on the internet and couldn't find anything on the problem and pretty much said I had to live with it. I LIVED WITH IT FOR EXACTLY ONE ADDITIONAL DAY. I am now the proud owned of a 2021 Ford Edge and got a trade-in value for my K5 just $1,000 short of what I paid for it new. I was offered even more than I paid for it new from a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am having the same issue...the message says Unsuccessfull. Press to retry. I then proceed to press the Offline Routing and then the directions are displayed. I am wondering if this tied to the fact that I no longer have the SiriusXM subscription which in the past included the local traffic info. I would like to see what Kia's response is for those of you who take it in.
I think you just hit the cause. I also dropped my Sirius subscription about the same time I noticed the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts