Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 1st post on here and wanted to let you guys know my experience so far with my k5. So far Im still in the honeymoon face loving it more each day. My previous car was a 15 wrangler 4 doors lifted on 33s. So quite the change going to the k5. Bought my kia exactly 2 weeks ago and unfortunately have had a few issues, maybe some of you have or had them as well. First one my center console/dash squeaks like crazy. I do a lot of freeway driving and even braking makes it go off. Second, my taillight that goes across the trunk lid seems to be letting water in. After a car wash we noticed lots of suds in the housing. Third my front fender and driver door panel gap is horrible. Its not really the gap that is the issue, but the door and fender arent even close to flush. The fender looks popped out, looked at some other k5s on the lot and non looked nearly as bad as mine. And finally last one is that the driver door has 2 very shallow dents that I had not noticed till a couple days ago. Looked back on pics of the day I picked it up and sure enough they are there. Idk how I missed them on the walk around with the sales people. Took the car to the dealer today and fortunately it looks like they are gonna take care of everything. The service manager even pointed out the dents before I even brought them up. I will update as we go, but they said theyll need to keep my car for at least a week to send it to their body shop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same stuff happens to me . Stupid creak noise from dash . Also now I got paint blotches all over my car . My trunk alignment is off and I also get water inside of my rear taillights . Just waiting on dealer service availability to take my car in . Also one thing I did notice is the k5 body material is so cheap that it will get dented real fast . My brother tapped my door by accident and just by that my car got a huge dent which I already fixed .

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Moisture seeping into the edges of the light housing is apparently normal behavior according to Kia, so long as it's not getting into the light housing itself. It is a bit annoying to say the least.

The door jam gap is a bit of a fitment issue that should be able to be adjusted by the dealer and under warranty.

The console creaking is a known issue. You can fix the issue yourself if you have some sticky felt laying around and are comfortable with taking apart the console trims.

Otherwise, I would bring it up to your dealer, along with the door gap and door dents. I'm thinking that you may be able to push those door dents back out once you remove the interior door panel but might be better to get them to deal with it instead as you have proof that it came like that before you left the lot.

One other thing is to walk around your car to see if any of the trim pieces are in tightly. I know my rear lower bumper/diffuser piece on the passenger side wasn't in all the way and I had to push it in to snap it into place. It wasn't something worth troubling their service center for so I never made mention of it to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally posting an update. Got my car back on Friday and the dealer fixed everything. Car is perfect now! They fixed the squeaking issue and tail light issue themselves. Then they sent the car out to a body shop who adjusted the fitment issue of the door and fender. Same body shop also fixed the dents using a paintless Dent removal process so no actual body work had to be done.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Nice, I'm glad you were able to get everything resolved! I know others haven't been so lucky and I really feel for those owners having to go through all the trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, 1st post on here and wanted to let you guys know my experience so far with my k5. So far Im still in the honeymoon face loving it more each day. My previous car was a 15 wrangler 4 doors lifted on 33s. So quite the change going to the k5. Bought my kia exactly 2 weeks ago and unfortunately have had a few issues, maybe some of you have or had them as well. First one my center console/dash squeaks like crazy. I do a lot of freeway driving and even braking makes it go off. Second, my taillight that goes across the trunk lid seems to be letting water in. After a car wash we noticed lots of suds in the housing. Third my front fender and driver door panel gap is horrible. Its not really the gap that is the issue, but the door and fender arent even close to flush. The fender looks popped out, looked at some other k5s on the lot and non looked nearly as bad as mine. And finally last one is that the driver door has 2 very shallow dents that I had not noticed till a couple days ago. Looked back on pics of the day I picked it up and sure enough they are there. Idk how I missed them on the walk around with the sales people. Took the car to the dealer today and fortunately it looks like they are gonna take care of everything. The service manager even pointed out the dents before I even brought them up. I will update as we go, but they said theyll need to keep my car for at least a week to send it to their body shop. View attachment 1425 View attachment 1426 View attachment 1427
My buddy those and he could do it, however we are in Corpus Christi Texas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts