Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I said, single-handedly the hardest wrap I've ever done.

This was the BIGGEST P.I.T.A ever. after 8 attempts, 5 days of off an on, sweating out in my garage....its perfect.

For note; the reason its so hard to install is because there is zero room for error, as there is microns of space between the badge and the car. I tried a exact -o-knife, knifeless tape and every tactic in the book. Eventually ended up de-badging the car, wrapping it on its own and then reapplying the badge. left the outline of the old adhesive and removed it and applied the new badge at the same time as I put it back on to ensure it was in the exact same spot.

Long story short, just ****in plastidip it or something and don't go through everything I went through on my warpath against the chrome demon :rolleyes:

Attachments

Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD

This was the BIGGEST P.I.T.A ever. after 8 attempts, 5 days of off an on, sweating out in my garage....its perfect.

For note; the reason its so hard to install is because there is zero room for error, as there is microns of space between the badge and the car. I tried a exact -o-knife, knifeless tape and every tactic in the book. Eventually ended up de-badging the car, wrapping it on its own and then reapplying the badge. left the outline of the old adhesive and removed it and applied the new badge at the same time as I put it back on to ensure it was in the exact same spot.

Long story short, just ****in plastidip it or something and don't go through everything I went through on my warpath against the chrome demon :rolleyes:
Where did you get the new emblem?

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red

I really don鈥檛 like the new emblems I think they look cheaper than the last generation not bad on trucks but cheesy on cars

Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey

ive been curious to see the new badging blacked out and if it looks better or not鈥t does. I鈥檝e got the new badging on mine so I gets after I get the K5 logo done I鈥檒l do this after.

Registered
Hi guys, sorry to comment on an older thread but I am looking to do the new Kia badges in Vinyl/Plastidip etc and came across this forum/thread and 2022 Wrapped Emblem Photos.

I am a Kia EV6 owner in the UK and wanted to go down the black badge route like on my older Audi, I have seen what looks like an official Kia black badge Black Kia Lettering Logo Badge Emblem for 2018-2022 Kia Stinger | eBay but it is listed for a Stinger, not EV6 or K5. Wondering about the sizing. The EV6 had a larger logo on the front and a smaller back, I suppose like all cars. Anyway, the part here shows Kia are making black badges now. Also Ali Express is full or metal/plastic versions... but ships from Korea.... wait a long time!.

I am just about to Vinyl wrap mine, lets see how it goes. I use plastidip before on my Audi A4 badges, but it was kinda bumpy, not OEM look...Vinyl looks better, but OEM badges would be the best.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Nice, I've always thought that if I were to get an EV, the EV6 would be the one that interests me the most behind the Taycan. But you know, got the K5 before the EV6 was revealed. lol

What are the dimensions of the front and back logos in mm? And good luck to you when doing the vinyl wrap! I know some places sell a vinyl wrap that goes over the flat portion of the logo and leave the beveled edges for contrast. If you get the dimensions you could probably check those out, too.

Registered
K5 is for sure a really nice car, would choose it over the older 2019 Audi A4 black edition I had. Anyway, gave yup on the vinyl! very very very hard! weren't down the Fulldip/plastidip route again, turned out very nice, but I removed the front badges first, couldn't get the dip to cut cleanly, bend the metal badges.... slight kink in it now, can't really be seen when its back on property with badge mounting tape but gonna order new black ones, they are on AliExpress/Ebay just need to find the right size.. Yeah, I seen this overlays, they looks goo with silver round them like that, fairly cheap as well, I will check them for sure as an option.

EV6 Kia 2022 logo badge sizing..

Front 16 x 4 cm
Back 19 x 4.5cm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.