Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I said, single-handedly the hardest wrap I've ever done.

This was the BIGGEST P.I.T.A ever. after 8 attempts, 5 days of off an on, sweating out in my garage....its perfect.

For note; the reason its so hard to install is because there is zero room for error, as there is microns of space between the badge and the car. I tried a exact -o-knife, knifeless tape and every tactic in the book. Eventually ended up de-badging the car, wrapping it on its own and then reapplying the badge. left the outline of the old adhesive and removed it and applied the new badge at the same time as I put it back on to ensure it was in the exact same spot.

Long story short, just fuckin plastidip it or something and don't go through everything I went through on my warpath against the chrome demon :rolleyes:

Attachments

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Damn... I don't suppose you took a pic of it when you had it totally debadged, right? 馃槀 Oh and there's still the trunk badge... 馃憖

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn... I don't suppose you took a pic of it when you had it totally debadged, right? 馃槀 Oh and there's still the trunk badge... 馃憖
Ooof I wish I did, but it wasn't cleaned up anyway so I could see where to put it back.

Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
Like I said, single-handedly the hardest wrap I've ever done.

This was the BIGGEST P.I.T.A ever. after 8 attempts, 5 days of off an on, sweating out in my garage....its perfect.

For note; the reason its so hard to install is because there is zero room for error, as there is microns of space between the badge and the car. I tried a exact -o-knife, knifeless tape and every tactic in the book. Eventually ended up de-badging the car, wrapping it on its own and then reapplying the badge. left the outline of the old adhesive and removed it and applied the new badge at the same time as I put it back on to ensure it was in the exact same spot.

Long story short, just fuckin plastidip it or something and don't go through everything I went through on my warpath against the chrome demon :rolleyes:
Where did you get the new emblem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts