Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone .. This is my first post here on the K5 Forum.

I presently own a supercharged (modified) C6 Corvette GS but I am looking for another 2nd car. The 2023 Kia K5 GT really caught my eye and with 290 HP, it should give pretty good straight line acceleration (for a family type sedan).

After looking for a new K5 GT online, I have come to the conclusion that this car appears to be a very limited production car. There are very very few on the dealership lots to choose from. Finding a deal on a 2023 GT is about as rare as finding a deal on a new C8 Corvette mid-engine car ... Very few available and not a one being sold below MSRP.

I understand with the onset of COVID, the chip supply issue, along with the transportation problems, there is a shortage of just about all new vehicles now, but, it seems the availability of the K5 GT is like trying to find hen's teeth !

Can anyone here shed some light on this problem of finding a new K5 GT.
-----------------------------

BTW ... I have read that the K5 is being discontinued maybe even as soon as next year ... Don't know if it's true or not, but I am a little worried about buying a car that may be in it's final year of production. That may really impact resale value at a later date.

Ron,

· Registered
295 Posts
First, that's the first I've heard of the K5 being discontinued. It hasn't really been out that long, and it's one of Kia's bread and butter vehicles. So if you find something really credible about that, let us know!

Secondly, virtually all of us ordered our GT's. You're right - finding one just sitting on a lot would be like finding the Loch Ness monster in your local public swimming pool. It (the GT, not Nessie) would be there because someone ordered it and when it came in they for some reason declined it. And the sales people would on their phones to the people who had orders pending, and it would be gone by day's end.

So .... just order one. It will come in in about 6-8 weeks and you can make it like you want it.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike ...

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Now if I could only find a dealership here locally that would order me a GT (cash purchase) for not a penny over MSRP (not including tax, title and tags), that would make my day.

I think the days of buying a deep discounted new car are pretty much over, at least for the foreseeable future.

Ron,

· Registered
21 Posts
Hey Turbo6TA. I'm in the same boat as you, so I feel your pain. Looking for GT with GT1 package. There are 13 new K5 GT's within 50 miles of me (Atlanta). They all want 5 K over sticker. I am going to contact a few about ordering one. If no luck, will continue to drive my 16' Optima and possibly consider other vehicles, or a low mile used GT. IMHO you will always get a better deal financing through Kia over paying cash. You can simply pay it off immediately. Wish you the best of luck!

· Registered
443 Posts
Not sure where you are. I was one of the lucky ones and found one on the lot. And actually knew nothing about the car at the time. I was on a KIA lot looking at a used Stinger, but when I found out the 10 year warranty was not in force with the used KIAS, and was no thank you. Was about to leave when the salesguy talked me into looking at another car. Had come in on the truck that morning and was still going through the dealer checks. He took me back to a K5 GT. Took it for a test drive. I was sold on the car anbd took a bit of time to talk them off the 5k dealer markup. I was ttrading in my 16 C7 Corvette due to some knee issues and not about to get in and out of it any more easily and without pain and they really wanted my car for their lot. I agreed to pay for 2k of dealer adds to remove the 5k. which worked out ok, because I have already used the paintless dent repair once, which would have cost 5 or 6 hunderd.

If you are near Dallas Texas, Moritz KIA in Dallas advertises never over MSRP, but you will have to order. I am sure there are other dealers in some areas that will do that.

· Registered
443 Posts
As far as financing like Jason said, dealers get what amounts to a kickback from loan companies. Maybe an option to get rid of the 5k dealer markup if you finance. Then pay it off a week later to the finance company. Might cost you 100 or so in interest for 6-7 days though.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was trading in my 16 C7 Corvette due to some knee issues and not about to get in and out of it any more easily and without pain and they really wanted my car for their lot.
I am kinda in the same boat as you were ... I have a C6 that now has Recaro seats in it. Since this car sets very low to the ground, and now has Recaro seats that have very high seat bottom bolsters, it is getting very hard for me to get out of.

I love this car, but I hate getting in and out of it.

· Registered
443 Posts
I feel you man there. from a performance standard. My 16 C7 ran 12.7 quarter miles. I ran my K5 GT a couple times at the track. After I put the borla catback exhaust on the GT ran a 13.9. So nit huge amount of difference. My C7 was stock and not modified at all as oppsosed to your mods.

· Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
1,192 Posts
I feel you man there. from a performance standard. My 16 C7 ran 12.7 quarter miles. I ran my K5 GT a couple times at the track. After I put the borla catback exhaust on the GT ran a 13.9. So nit huge amount of difference. My C7 was stock and not modified at all as oppsosed to your mods.
What tires did you have when you got 13.9?

· Registered
11 Posts
Mike ...

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Now if I could only find a dealership here locally that would order me a GT (cash purchase) for not a penny over MSRP (not including tax, title and tags), that would make my day.

I think the days of buying a deep discounted new car are pretty much over, at least for the foreseeable future.

Ron,
I was in the same boat. Had to order my K5 GT from a dealer that was willing to sell it to me for MSRP (others that had them in stock had about $5k markups on theirs). Took 4 months, but it was totally worth it! Call around and tell them you're serious, you'll wait for the special order, and that if they don't want to do it, you'll find someone else. It can even be cheaper to order from a dealer out of state and ship it (or road trip it) back to where you live if they're willing to do MSRP but all dealers within a couple hour drive won't.

I think it's rare to find cars for below MSRP these days, unfortunately. I hope those days return, but they seem to be in the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts