Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

We bought a new K5 Ex last night in Northern Virginia.

White exterior, sand leather interior. This baby is LOADED.

They didn't have any GT's, or I would have pushed further that direction ;)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
61 Posts
Did you get the AWD or the FWD on the EX? HUD (there are rumors they exist)? And yeah the GTs flew off the shelves pretty much everywhere. Glad to have a new family member.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get the AWD or the FWD on the EX? HUD (there are rumors they exist)? And yeah the GTs flew off the shelves pretty much everywhere. Glad to have a new family member.
FWD.
I dont think they had any EX with AWD. The only AWD we saw were the GT Line.

They had a Blue EX with black interior, but it had 5k miles on it and was "new" because it was one of their "demo" cars. I preferred that color combo, but with the mileage and my wife preferring the white/sand combo, we went with the car with 13 miles on it :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
FWD.
I dont think they had any EX with AWD. The only AWD we saw were the GT Line.

They had a Blue EX with black interior, but it had 5k miles on it and was "new" because it was one of their "demo" cars. I preferred that color combo, but with the mileage and my wife preferring the white/sand combo, we went with the car with 13 miles on it :D
Yeah without a substantial cut on price I would have went white/sand as well. The blue is such a nice color. Got my GT with 40 miles on it so I know the feeling of having a low mileage buy. I am less than 100 miles away from broken in now too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In fact I think all the Canadian K5's except the GT are AWD. The only FWD drive K5 is the GT.
Wow I actually thought that it was only the GT and the LX that you couldn't get the AWD on here. When in fact it is only the LXS and GTLine that you can. Ridiculous imo

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
57 Posts
Wow I actually thought that it was only the GT and the LX that you couldn't get the AWD on here. When in fact it is only the LXS and GTLine that you can. Ridiculous imo
I can see not offering it in the base, but it's crazy that it isn't offered on the EX. I'm sure the bean counters have some reason not to offer it. Even though I was trading in an 2016 Optima EX I wouldn't have gone up to the EX. The GT-Line has all the options I wanted and I prefer having the 8" head unit for the Wireless AA. I was driving my wife's car yesterday and I had to plug my phone into the car ... like a caveman.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Welcome to the family Steeplejack! And yeah, Wireless AA/AC is a nice convenience to have. It just has the occasional hickup of not being able to connect sometimes.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
57 Posts
Welcome to the family Steeplejack! And yeah, Wireless AA is a nice convenience to have. It just has the occasional hickup of not being able to connect sometimes.
The only issue I've seen so far is it has failed to connect automatically once or twice. Clicking connect to phone has always fixed it. I'm going to be driving into the office a couple of days a week starting in June, I'm sure I'll start experiencing all the issues once I start driving more. I really can't wait to have a reason to drive my new car a little more. I have a Whopping 209 miles on the odometer, and I think it had 14 when I bought it 3 weeks ago. Before the pandemic I would have put 300 miles a week minimum. Anyway, Sorry Steeplejack I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts