Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
I mean, nobody can tell you what color you prefer. There's not a pro or a con to either. :p

EDIT: Or you get the blue one and tell me where the black one is and I'll go buy it. :D

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
7 Posts
I think it looks really good in both colors but I personally would go with black! The orange DRL’s paired with the black color is very contrasting and looks nice imo.

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
You think both? Or one over the other. The clear bra thing scares me.
So if/when my K5 ever comes in, I've already set up with a local company that provides a lifetime warranty on their ceramic coating. In talking to them, they did say that PPF is better for preventing rock chips but that the 4 layers of 9H nano coating that they provide has not had any issues yet. Personally I'm going to for-go the PPF and just do the ceramic coating since it is a lifetime warranty through them.

But it's always best to do your own research and find what's best for you.

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
I did both.
Did you do PPF just to the fascia and hood, the whole front end, or the whole car? And do you mind if I ask what they wanted for the PPF? The lifetime ceramic coat I'm looking at cost $1199 USD and comes with 4 layers of 9H with a layer of "Light" added as a top coat, for the whole car. Then they also do the Light coating for the wheels and any other plastic pieces, and a special coating they call "Rain" on the glass pieces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if/when my K5 ever comes in, I've already set up with a local company that provides a lifetime warranty on their ceramic coating. In talking to them, they did say that PPF is better for preventing rock chips but that the 4 layers of 9H nano coating that they provide has not had any issues yet. Personally I'm going to for-go the PPF and just do the ceramic coating since it is a lifetime warranty through them.

But it's always best to do your own research and find what's best for you.
What’s the time frame for the work and cost?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
With all that help. Definitely going Ebony now. Black out all the chrome.
Just wondering, do you plan on removing the 2022 Kia emblems or leaving them on there? I am just trying to imagine how this emblem overlay would look on a blacked out car. lol It would probably be very subtle.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

1 - 15 of 15 Posts