Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just excited to share , I picked up my K5 GT in white today. Love it!!
I traded my Acura TL 4g which I loved too. I think k5 is awesome car but ELS audio in my TL was better. Not something You can’t change though but overall I love it!
Anyone from TL to K5 ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t have to wait for this GT I bought. I originally ordered GT-Line in May and expected delivery date was July-Aug. Then they changed it to Oct-Nov. So I searched and found one at another dealership( I got lucky I guess).
In Canada waiting time for K5 is 6 months now as per the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn’t have to wait for this GT I bought. I originally ordered GT-Line in May and expected delivery date was July-Aug. Then they changed it to Oct-Nov. So I searched and found one at another dealership( I got lucky I guess).
In Canada waiting time for K5 is 6 months now as per the dealer.
I'm so envious of Kay5 as I'm now into my 8th month of waiting time for my GT order to be fulfilled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
SX2GT: I was the same. Found mine on the lot the evening before they were going to put it on the public lot, had not even finished the post delivery checks. Bought it and waited til they finished check it in. Saleguy said if I had waited til the next day it would have been gone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SX2GT: I was the same. Found mine on the lot the evening before they were going to put it on the public lot, had not even finished the post delivery checks. Bought it and waited til they finished check it in. Saleguy said if I had waited til the next day it would have been gone.
I guess my order placing was wrong. At my last monthly call to the dealer, they mentioned that they would check directly with KIA CDN & came back to me with same line.... it's coming soon and out of their control thus giving me the perception that my order got lost in the shuffle considering that in the last 1.5 month, an additional 10ish GTs were supplied in Canada incl. one less than 15 miles from my dealership. Extremely frustrating as my trade-in is in need of maintenance which, if I spent the money for it, will not increase the agreed to value for it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's nuts. No way would I wait 8 freakin months for a car. That's ridiculous. I'm convinced they're running these plants 2 days a week.
It is because they are mostly making the GT-Line and LX versions. Will all the demand for the GT not sure why the lower end ones are the priority. According to the search on the KIA website, there are 33 Gt-line and 21 LX/LXS versions available and 1 GT. This is within 100+ miles of DFW. Autotrader showed only 26 GT's nationwide either on a lot or in transit.

Other carmakers are similar though. Looked at the Camrys over 100 SE and LE and 38 TRD's.

Yes I am bored. Can't do anything today due to waiting for my Carbon Fiber kit to arrive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is because they are mostly making the GT-Line and LX versions. Will all the demand for the GT not sure why the lower end ones are the priority. According to the search on the KIA website, there are 33 Gt-line and 21 LX/LXS versions available and 1 GT. This is within 100+ miles of DFW. Autotrader showed only 26 GT's nationwide either on a lot or in transit.

Other carmakers are similar though. Looked at the Camrys over 100 SE and LE and 38 TRD's.

Yes I am bored. Can't do anything today due to waiting for my Carbon Fiber kit to arrive.
But the GT's and the other versions of the K5 HAVE to be made on the same line ... they can't have a whole separate assembly line for the relatively few GT's they make. Each car has a build sheet, and the parts are sent to the line to be built in when that car comes down the conveyor, just like when an LX follows a GT-lIne down the line. They drop in the 2.5 turbo instead of the 1.6, install the bigger wheels and tires, do the other stuff, and slap on a GT badge.

I don't see what the problem is. They should hire me to clear it up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree Miike, they all are. The managment is deciding to make many less of the GT. Maybe the cost of duel in the last year has some of the reason for the decisions. more people going for the 1.6 rather than the 2.5 due to MPG.

There is a guy at work that bought the GT-line over the GT just due to the MPG.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree Miike, they all are. The managment is deciding to make many less of the GT. Maybe the cost of duel in the last year has some of the reason for the decisions. more people going for the 1.6 rather than the 2.5 due to MPG.

There is a guy at work that bought the GT-line over the GT just due to the MPG.
Wow. 24/32/27 vs 29/38/32. That's not a HUGE difference IMO, but I guess 5 mpg is more important than 110 extra hp to some people. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts