Kia K5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice mods on that K5 GT! But just a note, Kia never mated the AWD system to the 2.5 engine. lol :(
Yes they did lol when i designed my car!! My cars front end was taking out at a stop light recently and its partly why its taking so long to repair my car!! My parts didn't even have a price, had to be labled under the GT Line parts on some of them. Not to mention the several parts that went back due to not being the rights ones and didn't fit! I'm going on 2 mo without my car! Kia manufacturers were going to produce my car but literally stopped production of it! They were going to release the GT1 2.5 Turbo AWD back in Nov 21 but ended up not due to the ship going under and Covid. Everyone argues w me on it until I prove them wrong. I have even gone to car meets where everyone was talking mad crap and then they were shown different lmao I was told point blank by Kias manufacturers my car literally can be considered a "concept" car. Which is going to make some parts if they ever go bad virtually impossible to get. lmao

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
That's pretty interesting then. On my AWD, they had to move the EVAP canister to the rear driver side because the AWD differential on the rear takes up the spot. In doing so, the usually straight pipe exhaust on the FWD drivetrain to the Y branch that goes to the rear muffler has to take a detour around the AWD differential and since the EVAP canister is put where there would be space for a driver's side exhaust, there doesn't seem to be any space to put one there.

When you get your car back, or get a chance to take a look under the car while it is still in the shop, can you take a pic of the rear under side? I'm curious as to how they went about putting in the 2 mufflers with the EVAP canister in the way, or if they had the EVAP canister located somewhere else.

I've been wanting to put in dual or quad tip exhaust with mufflers on both sides but been trying to figure out how to deal with the EVAP canister in the way.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
977 Posts
Yes they did lol when i designed my car!! My cars front end was taking out at a stop light recently and its partly why its taking so long to repair my car!! My parts didn't even have a price, had to be labled under the GT Line parts on some of them. Not to mention the several parts that went back due to not being the rights ones and didn't fit! I'm going on 2 mo without my car! Kia manufacturers were going to produce my car but literally stopped production of it! They were going to release the GT1 2.5 Turbo AWD back in Nov 21 but ended up not due to the ship going under and Covid. Everyone argues w me on it until I prove them wrong. I have even gone to car meets where everyone was talking mad crap and then they were shown different lmao I was told point blank by Kias manufacturers my car literally can be considered a "concept" car. Which is going to make some parts if they ever go bad virtually impossible to get. lmao
Curious to see the undercarriage and what year /month was your car produced. K5 GT is rare but if yours is really awd....it's ultra rare.
First time I hear of this.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
977 Posts
Give us 0-60 times a day 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious to see the undercarriage and what year /month was your car produced. K5 GT is rare but if yours is really awd....it's ultra rare.
First time I hear of this.
Yes and sorry they were supposed to be released November 2020 not 21 lol i got it in 21...I would have to look when I get it back on when it was produced. Service King called me about an hr ago and said they have Kia's calibration guy at the shop calibrating my lanes assist, adaptive cruise control and making sure my smart brights lmao are doing their thang! I might be bringing her home today or tomorrow as long as everything passes! I know I built and ordered it in November when my salesman said the only way I'm getting it is by ordering it directly from Kia due to the constant delay. He called me in March and said "it's here" lmao I was like I'll be there in 10 min! I signed all the papers, they drove it right off the showroom floor with 28 miles. I couldn't be happier!! The amount of booty that car has stomped over is insane! I can squawk the tires at 80mph if I want to! For a little car w a little engine, she goes!! Best 45k I have spent lmao

·
Registered
6 Posts
Give us 0-60 times a day 1/4 mile.
When I get her home I will definitely do so!! I have some more modifications being added to the ones I had already put on. Which was the front splitter, rear window spoiler, trunk spoiler, side skirts, underglow, interior lights, replaced the only light that wasn't LED to LED which was the reverse light, inner door locks changed to red with GT on them, gas pedals red vs black and put the chrome rain guards on. Still looking for a rear diffuser that I like! When she gets home some red trims will be added, chrome drive mode nob will replaced w a red one, engine start will be changed from chrome to red, a/c/heat vents will be changed from black to red and a sub and amp will be installed to go with the Bose premium sound system already in the car. After that is all done I'll be getting a tune that Kia approves to keep it under warranty that adds another 100 horsepower to the car! I'm pretty stoked!!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
Incorrect they actually have one that Kia offers for the K5
The only tunes my dealer offers that are under warranty are the ones they do for you in their shop. I asked them about it since they were helping other owners install aftermarket parts for their Stingers and one looking to install factory remote start to his car since his didn't come with it.

One thing I'm sad about is that I never really have any uses for the Snow Mode in my AWD. lol

:edit:
Also, I just wanted to show what I was talking about where that AWD unit is under the engine on the driver's side. It's located right behind the front wheel.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welp, my K5 GT that's on order has just been converted to a 2023. That's really what I was hoping, since getting a 2022 this late in the year isn't the best thing. Just bumping it up one model year increases the future trade-in value a bunch. Of course, I don't know when it's going to show up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welp, my K5 GT that's on order has just been converted to a 2023. That's really what I was hoping, since getting a 2022 this late in the year isn't the best thing. Just bumping it up one model year increases the future trade-in value a bunch. Of course, I don't know when it's going to show up.
Glad you're getting next year model
I'm curious as to when you did place your order and if you were told by the dealer, at that time, of the possibility of being "bumped up" to a 2023 GT.
Has KIA formally indicated as to when they'll start their 2023 K5 production run in Georgia and what are the specs differences between the 2022 & 2023 K5 GT trim.

Just hope that your waiting time for your order will be shorter than mine (8 months and counting)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Glad you're getting next year model
I'm curious as to when you did place your order and if you were told by the dealer, at that time, of the possibility of being "bumped up" to a 2023 GT.
Has KIA formally indicated as to when they'll start their 2023 K5 production run in Georgia and what are the specs differences between the 2022 & 2023 K5 GT trim.

Just hope that your waiting time for your order will be shorter than mine (8 months and counting)
Yes, my dealer told me it was a possibility that my car would be changed over to a '23, since we ordered it so close to changeover. It was ordered almost a month ago (5/20). My guy (who is the internet manager), said he has no word on when actual production will begin, but when they notify him of changes to model year orders they usually have been running the line for awhile in preparation to fill orders.

He also has no hard info on specs, but gathers from meetings with corp people, etc., that the GT won't have any significant changes, including colors. I PERSONALLY think it might get the digital dash, but that's just me. Maybe different wheels, but again that's just me speculating. It might well end up being exactly like the 2022, and if so that's fine with me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, my dealer told me it was a possibility that my car would be changed over to a '23, since we ordered it so close to changeover. It was ordered almost a month ago (5/20). My guy (who is the internet manager), said he has no word on when actual production will begin, but when they notify him of changes to model year orders they usually have been running the line for awhile in preparation to fill orders.

He also has no hard info on specs, but gathers from meetings with corp people, etc., that the GT won't have any significant changes, including colors. I PERSONALLY think it might get the digital dash, but that's just me. Maybe different wheels, but again that's just me speculating. It might well end up being exactly like the 2022, and if so that's fine with me.
Hopefully the GT specs for the American market will be at par with the Canadian one, digital cluster and HUD which is a feature that impressed me during my test drive. Pls keep us posted as your situation evolves.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hopefully the GT specs for the American market will be at par with the Canadian one, digital cluster and HUD which is a feature that impressed me during my test drive. Pls keep us posted as your situation evolves.
Oh, so the Canadian version does have the digital cluster?

And yes, I'll report back when the car gets here.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts