Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kia has really come up these days but I am very disappointed in the audio system. Any suggestions?? I've already just recently had a subwoofer and amp installed but still not happy with the stocked radio

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not just the speakers, I guess my gt line didn't come with the option for SiriusXM so I'm having to hook up through my app on phone. I really want to avoid having to connect my phone to my car. I'm not a big fan of android auto

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Oh, unfortunately I don't believe the non-AWD versions have the satellite radio hardware preinstalled. You may have to look about getting a satellite radio kit installed in your car, like this one:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, unfortunately I don't believe the non-AWD versions have the satellite radio hardware preinstalled. You may have to look about getting a satellite radio kit installed in your car, like this one:
My 2022 came with satellite radio. 10.25 inch screen no bose sounds system.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-line
12 Posts
Hello y'all. I just recently bought my very first brand new car and it is the 2021 kia k5 gt line.
My name is Angela. And I love this car
Welcome and congrats! I really love mine too!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kia has really come up these days but I am very disappointed in the audio system. Any suggestions?? I've already just recently had a subwoofer and amp installed but still not happy with the stocked radio
well if you did just a sub, i can tell you i just replaced all mine with JBL club series. i went with JBL club 3412t for the dash tweeters, and JBL club 622 for the front and back doors. they sound good pushing though just the stock head unit, just for the record. however i will be adding a five channel amp soon. i am suprised how well they sounded without a amp pushing them truth be told. and they are made by the same company that makes infinity. you will have to splice into the factory plug ins at the door as nobody has the metra 72-7302 pigtails. the tweeters can be a bit of a pain. there is a little green retaining clip holding in pins use a pick to get that out and then you can use the pins to tap into. also hot glue, rtv, or super glue will be your friend too to get the speakers mounted under the grill, i bought about putting on top like the one forum member did but discovered if i took out the factory tweets from their housing the new tweets fit in pretty well with a little of the previously mentioned products to hold them in place then they popped right in under the covers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts