Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my EX Kia K5 and have a few questions. I bought it out of state so teaching my self all the tech.

I see there is no wireless apple car play on this trim which is weird, willing to mobilize to make Kia fix it. Such a weird thin

Is there a SVM/“birds eye view” camera on this trim? The one I test drove did have it, may have been a GT Line.

Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve just bought my 2022 Kia k5 ex a few weeks ago and mine does have the birds eye view camera system. Love this car so far. No issues as of yet and already put over 1,100 miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my EX Kia K5 and have a few questions. I bought it out of state so teaching my self all the tech.

I see there is no wireless apple car play on this trim which is weird, willing to mobilize to make Kia fix it. Such a weird thin

Is there a SVM/“birds eye view” camera on this trim? The one I test drove did have it, may have been a GT Line.

Thanks Everyone
What year EX did you purchase?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts

Thanks Everyone
I believe the 360 cam only comes in the 2022 models (the ones with the new Kia emblem) with the larger 10.25" screen. Trade off is that wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto is not a feature on the larger screen, only with the smaller 8" screen.

I really wished the K5 models we have would come with all of the same features as on the Korean model... Folding mirrors, remote forward and reverse parking assist, full LCD instrument cluster with blindspot cameras, accented mood lights (not the ones in the footwells), and I believe they also have wireless AC/AA on the larger screen as well.

And they already have the hybrid version out with the solar panel roof for the same price as the pana-roof. Only thing missing for the hybrid is the remote forward and reverse parking assist feature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe the 360 cam only comes in the 2022 models (the ones with the new Kia emblem) with the larger 10.25" screen. Trade off is that wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto is not a feature on the larger screen, only with the smaller 8" screen.

I really wished the K5 models we have would come with all of the same features as on the Korean model... Folding mirrors, remote forward and reverse parking assist, full LCD instrument cluster with blindspot cameras, accented mood lights (not the ones in the footwells), and I believe they also have wireless AC/AA on the larger screen as well.

And they already have the hybrid version out with the solar panel roof for the same price as the pana-roof. Only thing missing for the hybrid is the remote forward and reverse parking assist feature.
I have a 2020 Gt line trim and has only two back up camera features; the normal mode and some kind of zoom street view. Maybe the GT models could have the 360 view?...

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Kia just updated their build-a-car for the 2022 K5 on their website. Looks like they ditched the wireless AA/AC feature and anything from GT-Line and up will have the 10.25" screen, with the premium package now adding in NSCC-Curve instead of just the normal SCC. UVO and SiriusXM are also standard integrations. The SVM/360 cam is only for the EX and GT (with GT1 Package) trims.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
I have the 8" screen with wireless AA. I hope they don't abandon support for wireless AA. It was one of the reasons I did not get the premium package with my GT-Line AWD.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wonder if Kia will sell accessory trim pieces later; I really like the wood trim compared to the Gt Line trim that is lust like bumpy plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts