Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've owned a blue Kia K5 GT-Line with AWD since February and have been loving it every day!

I was lucky enough to find one in my area with everything I had wanted except the Homelink mirror. I was able to talk the dealer into including it without adding additional cost to the final price. The dealer I went to was super good about everything and left me with a very good experience compared to other dealers I've been to.

I've already posted pictures of my car in the other thread but I'll repost one here anyway.

I'm looking forward to join the K5 community and family!

Also, I thought I had posted a welcome post earlier but it might have gotten lost somewhere. lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
Cool, the auto dimming mirror is the only thing I'm missing. Otherwise our cars are twins. I'm going to see if I can tough it out without. It's crazy, all the tech in the GT-Line and no auto dimming mirror.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Yeah, it's really weird that even the dealers around here don't have the auto dimming mirror on the GT-Line, but everything else does. Replacing the mirror isn't much of a problem but having to route the wires is always the tricky part for those that aren't familiar with it.

I debated on whether to bug them to include the mats or the mirror. I figured I'd go with the mirror as I won't have to deal with the wiring. lol That and living in a gated community and a house with a garage, I don't have to lug around 2 remotes in my car anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
I'm definitely not brave enough to install the mirror myself. I did find it online for like $235. It depends how much the dealer will want to install it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
96 Posts
My GT didn't even have the auto-dimming/homelink mirror. Though at the moment it isn't a big deal since I don't get to park inside. I may pick it up but it seems extraneous on my end.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
My GT didn't even have the auto-dimming/homelink mirror. Though at the moment it isn't a big deal since I don't get to park inside. I may pick it up but it seems extraneous on my end.
Yeah, no auto-dimming mirror is definately a 1st world problem. It won't start to bug me until next winter when it is dark at 5:00 PM.

·
Registered
2021 Ebony Black GT w/GT1
14 Posts
That was the only thing I really wanted in my attempt to custom order a GT. When that fell through, because of the limited production, and I went with the "you get whatever they sent the dealer" I wound up with illuminated scuff plates and the LED trunk light on my car. LOL.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
Yeah, I think there is going to be a shortage of cars in the coming months. It will be a sellers market because of the chip shortage. So considering they had pretty much exactly the car I wanted and were the only dealership in the area that did, I made the deal. I normally would have at least threatened to leave the dealership to encourage them to give me another $500-$1000 on my trade. I can't complain, my payment actually went town $30 a month and I got a vastly better car then the 2016 Optima EX I traded in.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, Ford has probably been hit the hardest, or could be that they are just more open about it than other manufacturers. They literally have thousands of assembled trucks out in the sun waiting for chip supplies.
Thousands of new Ford trucks are at Kentucky Speedway and it has nothing to do with racing

Kind of wish that Global Foundries was still around making chips. Right now, the only major chip supplier world wide is TSMC. Everyone else comes at a very distant 2nd. Things like droughts and power outages in Taiwan didn't help matters either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The non-Homelink mirror and no built-in sunglass holder were the two big missing features for me. I got a sunglass holder from Amazon that isn't awful and I'll eventually pony up for the Homelink mirror.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
178 Posts
The non-Homelink mirror and no built-in sunglass holder were the two big missing features for me. I got a sunglass holder from Amazon that isn't awful and I'll eventually pony up for the Homelink mirror.
Doh! I forgot about the Sunglasses holder. That does drive me crazy. I got a console insert and I've been putting my sunglasses in there, but I definitely miss the dedicated holder.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've owned a blue Kia K5 GT-Line with AWD since February and have been loving it every day!

I was lucky enough to find one in my area with everything I had wanted except the Homelink mirror. I was able to talk the dealer into including it without adding additional cost to the final price. The dealer I went to was super good about everything and left me with a very good experience compared to other dealers I've been to.

I've already posted pictures of my car in the other thread but I'll repost one here anyway.
View attachment 819

I'm looking forward to join the K5 community and family!

Also, I thought I had posted a welcome post earlier but it might have gotten lost somewhere. lol
That is a beauty! I have a blue gt line also with all the bells and whistles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts