Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 KIA K5 GT-Line.

1st issue - I bought new rims/tires (with tire pressure monitoring sensors), but my car now reads “check tire pressure monitoring system”. Anyone know how to link the new sensors to the car?!

2nd issue - I changed the oil and the car still says “service required”. How do I reset that? I’ve tried everything I read on the web, but to no avail!

Thanks in advance for any advice ya have!!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Try resetting the TPMS from the instrument cluster and see if that helps.

Also, did you get your oil changed at the dealership or another place and do you have the 10.25" or the 8" screen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome!

Also, did you get your oil changed at the dealership or another place and do you have the 10.25" or the 8" screen?
How do you reset the TPMS from the instrument cluster? I don’t see that option…

I have the 8” screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you reset the TPMS from the instrument cluster? I don’t see that option…

I have the 8” screen.
Hi and welcome!

Also, my boyfriend changed the oil.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
To reset the Service Interval, tap on the All Menus icon from the Home Screen.
Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Screenshot

You'll see a list of menu items on the screen.
Gadget Font Technology Display device Multimedia

Tap on the UVO icon next.
Gadget Communication Device Font Display device Screenshot

Once you're into the UVO menu, tap on Maintenance.
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Electric blue

And the Reset Service Intervals button should be there.

As for the TPMS... Inflate the tires to 35 psi then drive around for 10 minutes, or 20-30 miles. Hopefully that's enough to reset the sensors if they are using the same stock TPMS sensors.

If they are aftermarket sensors, the shop that put the tires and wheels on should have calibrated and synced the sensors up with your car already anyway.

Otherwise, if you put them on yourself, you'll probably need to use an OBDII device to connect and sync up the sensors with your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention, since you probably just hit your first oil change, I also suggest doing an intake valve cleaning if you haven't done so already. GDI engines are prone to carbon build up on the intake valves and it's good to have it cleaned out regularly. Every 3,000 miles is recommended but I would say every oil change should be ok, too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention, since you probably just hit your first oil change, I also suggest doing an intake valve cleaning if you haven't done so already. GDI engines are prone to carbon build up on the intake valves and it's good to have it cleaned out regularly. Every 3,000 miles is recommended but I would say every oil change should be ok, too.
So it's just the 2.5turbo that is mpi and gdi? I thought they both were.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
So it's just the 2.5turbo that is mpi and gdi? I thought they both were.
Nope, just the GT with the larger 2.5T engine is dual injection (from the site, stated to be an MPI and GDI engine). The regular 1.6T is GDI only and either a regular intake valve cleaning, an oil catch can installed, or both to be done to prevent carbon build up on the intake valves.

This is one thing that I looked into before purchasing the car so I expected the regular intake valve cleaning. I know others may not know about it so thought I'd share about the regular maintenance that goes with GDI engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts