Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great. I did notice one issue today though. So earlier, if phone was connected via android auto the steering controls used to work, as in pressing the receive call button would take me to call log and pressing the mute button would not just mute put pause the music playing via android auto as well. Lately, those features have stopped working. Can you please confirm if you're able to do he same?
Meant to add this earlier, but yes, these features are still "broken".

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've tried updating a couple of times it thinks for a while, maybe around 30 min, and then says update failed. I have tried downloading the update to a USB a 2nd time with no luck. Frustrating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've tried updating a couple of times it thinks for a while, maybe around 30 min, and then says update failed. I have tried downloading the update to a USB a 2nd time with no luck. Frustrating.
A different USB drive? Unfortunately at the moment they pulled the update for inspection they did this in April meaning they have found something broken enough to fix immediately.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What has it updated from the older version?
Do I even bother? I bought my car last February so it's still on the same version.
A couple of improvements here and there like maps have updated and a few system changes, but if you're not having any problems it's nothing major. Like Android auto doesn't display full screen and the wifi is still disabled.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
708 Posts
I saw a video on YouTube saying to select quick update.... For the teluride. Is this the case with the K5GT? What are the other options? What should I select?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
Btw, I wonder if it could also be something with the wire for Android users... Apparently, one of the latest Android Auto updates has caused some issues with pairing our phones with my mom's RAV4. It was something to do with setting a new cable requirement for USB-C cable connections.

Previously, connection with the car was fine until a recent update kept making our phones lose connection. My brother was having the same issue with another car. After getting the correct cable, connection seems to be stable again.

Just something to consider...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts