Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked the car up a little over a month ago. So far debadged, tinted and ceramic coated her.

I do have a question though... Can you tell from the VIN which drivetrain it has? It was supposed to be AWD and that's what the window sticker states. However I don't see anything on the inside like a "lock" feature. Not sure if that's normal or not. When removing the badges I realized the car didn't have the AWD emblem. After some research I saw that there were supply issues with them??? Anyway, it's been eating at me. Did I get the wrong car (I did verify the vin o the dash matched the window sticker)? Is the window sticker incorrect? Or is it so simplistic that there's no way to visually tell?

Again, thank you for the add! So far I'm enjoying her very much!
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Sky Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
Welcome! If you have the AWD drivetrain, you'll have a "Snow" drive mode on your dial exclusively on AWD models. You'll also see the AWD unit right behind the front driver-side wheel, under the engine. It literally says "AWD" on the side of it. lol

But yeah, only AWD models get the "Snow" mode so if you have that then you have the AWD model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! If you have the AWD drivetrain, you'll have a "Snow" drive mode on your dial exclusively on AWD models. You'll also see the AWD unit right behind the front driver-side wheel, under the engine. It literally says "AWD" on the side of it. lol

But yeah, only AWD models get the "Snow" mode so if you have that then you have the AWD model.
Thank you. I do have the snow mode so that is reassuring indeed!
As for looking under the engine, I have to admit that I haven’t crawled underneath the car looking yet. My apologies for not knowing that was how to tell.
Thank you once more your your insight! I feel much better now. Oh and I’ll crawl underneath this weekend just in case there’s other things I may not know! 😁

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
Oh, you don't have to crawl underneath your car or lift the car, the AWD unit is just sitting right behind the wheel. lol You should be able to see it when it's bright enough out.

Also, one mor eway to tell is if you go through the different screens on your instrument cluster, there's one that tells you how much power is sent to each wheel when the pedal is pressed. All the meters on all 4 wheels should go up whenever you are accelerating, especially from a stand still. :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
It's an additional info screen. Once you get to the screen with the tire pressure, you can push the selector up and down to go through additional info. I believe it's the screen right below the tire pressure screen. It's really nice how much additional info they display for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts