Kia K5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Guess I'll have to wait until the 5th, still not available this morning for my 22 GT line. 馃様
I tried to download again, and I got "Download for this vehicle is not available yet".

Guess they jumped the gun on the April release. I have not had any issues with the install. Hopefully they didn't mess something up and stopped the downloads.

Registered
I tried to download again, and I got "Download for this vehicle is not available yet".

Guess they jumped the gun on the April release. I have not had any issues with the install. Hopefully they didn't mess something up and stopped the downloads.
Yeah hopefully it was just pulled because it got released early on accident, not because there's a problem with it...

Registered
I was told by my dealer they are maybe pushing the update that will bring WCP wireless apple car play to 10.25. And he said they said it鈥檚 coming before next model year drops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 K5 GT
I was told by my dealer they are maybe pushing the update that will bring WCP wireless apple car play to 10.25. And he said they said it鈥檚 coming before next model year drops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dealer may be doing what dealers do and telling you what they think you want to hear. There have been a few mentions on Facebook groups about new features coming for the 2023 K5 and nothing anywhere has even hinted at a fully digital dash. I would love for it to come for everyone but I just don't think it's coming until Kia does a refresh likely for the 2024 model. I hope I'm wrong.

Registered
Does anyone else's phone keep disconnecting when trying to use AA/CarPlay? I leave my phone plugged in and it disconnects every 5 minutes or so to the point where I dont even use the feature. Very annoying that such a simple thing isnt resolved

Registered
Have you tested a different phone? I haven't experienced this issue.
I have tried an iPhone 12 & 13. I tried different official apple lightning cables. Ive tried factory resetting the car twice & my iphone. And I have done all the updates possible with the car, and today i drove like 10 minutes and it disconnected about like 7-10 times within that period.

Registered
I have tried an iPhone 12 & 13. I tried different official apple lightning cables. Ive tried factory resetting the car twice & my iphone. And I have done all the updates possible with the car, and today i drove like 10 minutes and it disconnected about like 7-10 times within that period.
Could be something with the USB port in your car. I have one of those Carplay Android boxes and it stays connected for hours. Same with my gf phone via Carplay never disconnects. Have you tried a true factory reset from Engineering menu?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts