Kia K5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just tried this, the tutorial worked but after it was reset iI plugged in my iphone and before 1 song was finished it disconnected again :(
It has to be the USB port if you still have your warranty they should replace it. If not, I think I still have the part number I was looking to move the port elsewhere. Create another thread so we can stay on topic. I'll respond there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It has to be the USB port if you still have your warranty they should replace it. If not, I think I still have the part number I was looking to move the port elsewhere. Create another thread so we can stay on topic. I'll respond there.
I have scheduled an appointment this Friday with a local kia dealership to have it fixed. Hopefully they will replace the USB port because I have tried everything that is possible. Super odd that it cant stay connected for longer than 3-5 minutes.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
51 Posts
I may be on the good stuff.. but I feel like they tweaked the frequency filters on this update.. radio....sounds better.. I notice more bass [non bose... so not a LOT ..but more] and crisper highs.. am i nuts or high?

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Navigation Updater is running again for me.

I'm going to redownload the file and verify if there a change in the software version. I read on another forum that there was a different software version than the April update. It was for a different kia vehicle so it might not apply to the K5

UPDATE:

Downloaded the file

The April Version had a file version KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220419

Current May file I downloaded has a file version KMC.USA.0000.V008.001.220504.181102

·
Registered
42 Posts
Navigation Updater is running again for me.

I'm going to redownload the file and verify if there a change in the software version. I read on another forum that there was a different software version than the April update. It was for a different kia vehicle so it might not apply to the K5
It is different it's now May instead of April. I don't think they meant to release that early version to the public.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Well finished installing and seen no change. They even used the ”old” new feature qr code notification at the end of the install.

They must have found a glitch bad enough to make a updated patched version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is wide screen Android Auto, but it is showing 2 apps (Maps and audio). If you want the maps in wide screen, just change the video Resolution in Developer settings in AA to Max 720p.
I downloaded and installed the update today. I see some changes, butI don't get wide screen Android Auto at all. What am I missing? Is there another setting I need to set to enable widescreen?

Gadget Font Audio equipment Multimedia Advertising

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmm interesting, I chose the option to have it update after the car shut off & about 2-2.5 hours later I got a "successfully updated" notification on my phone
I didn't even know that was an option. I thought the car needed to be running to do the option. Android Auto is widescreen after your update? Did you get the original update in April or the one that is available now after the server updates?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't even know that was an option. I thought the car needed to be running to do the option. Android Auto is widescreen after your update? Did you get the original update in April or the one that is available now after the server updates?
I did the original April 28th update. My problem is that my phone doesnt stay connected to my car at all. A 10 minute drive my phone will disconnect from CarPlay like 5-7 times, so annoying to the point where I dont even use the feature. CarPlay has always worked with the widescreen though, ever since I got the car last June

61 - 80 of 86 Posts