Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Found some info searching online about owners that contacted customer service. Seems the update is currently unavailable for all Kias and Hyundais with the large Gen 5W widescreen navigation system Seems to be an issue with the installation on some vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I downloaded it for my 2022 GT (10.25" screen) on the first day although it kept giving me error messages when I'd try to install it. Fortunately it reverted back to the old version, however, I'm now unable to download it again to see if somehow there was an error in the download process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll know if you plugged the USB drive into the correct one. The car will detect the USB drive and will pop up a message saying that it is reading the USB drive. The other port with the "battery" symbol will be for charging devices only.
Went to car and I opened Setup. I opened Update and inserted USB drive into port. Car read USB drive, however, after reading the USB drive, it says something life "no readable files".

I went back to the computer to look at the files on the USB drive. Apparently when the zip files are copied from my computer to the USB drive, they "unzip". I've tried this with different USB drives and different copy methods. I've dragged the files from the computer to the USB drive; I've used Ctrl-C to copy the files; I've used mouse right click and paste. The zip files are always unzipped on the USB drive.

I'm using Windows 10.

Any suggestions on how to get the files from the computer to the USB drive without unzipping?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
57 Posts
Went to car and I opened Setup. I opened Update and inserted USB drive into port. Car read USB drive, however, after reading the USB drive, it says something life "no readable files".

I went back to the computer to look at the files on the USB drive. Apparently when the zip files are copied from my computer to the USB drive, they "unzip". I've tried this with different USB drives and different copy methods. I've dragged the files from the computer to the USB drive; I've used Ctrl-C to copy the files; I've used mouse right click and paste. The zip files are always unzipped on the USB drive.

I'm using Windows 10.

Any suggestions on how to get the files from the computer to the USB drive without unzipping?
they have to be unzipped. the car can't read a zipfile

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,335 Posts

I'm using Windows 10.

Which size screen do you have on your car? The smaller 8" screen will have a dial on each side of the screen while the larger 10.25" screen will only have the single dial on the left side.

Just for clarity's sake, here is the step by step from downloading the file to inserting the drive to your car to start the update process.
  1. Check to make sure which type you have. This update method with the ZIP file will only work for the smaller 8" screen (Display Audio Gen2V).
    Gadget Computer Communication Device Font Audio equipment

2. Once you have confirmed you have the smaller 8" screen, download the ZIP file onto your computer. The file name should be "DL3.zip" by default.
    Personal computer Computer Screenshot Rectangle Font

3. Unzip "DL3.zip" and extract its contents to the same location.
    Black Computer Screenshot Font Terrestrial plant

Once you have the contents extracted, you should see these 2 files:
    • "enc_d2vsystem_package_134.100.220927.zip"
    • "enc_system_package_134.100.220927.zip"
      Note: Previous versions will only have 1 file. The "d2vsystem" file is a recent addition beginning with this update.
  4. Insert a USB thumb drive and make sure that the drive has at least 4GB of space and is formatted to FAT32. (Recommend a USB 3.0 drive or later to speed up the updating process later.)
    Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

5. Click and drag the 2 files to the drive, or copy and paste them to the drive. Make sure that those files are the only files on the drive.
    Screenshot Font Display device Audio equipment Software
  6. With the files now properly extracted and put into the drive, take the USB drive and connect it to your car. The data port will be the center port labeled "USB".
    Automotive design Input device Gadget Personal luxury car Fixture

7. Go to "Settings" on the screen and tap on the "Update" button. It should pop up a notification stating that the version you have on the USB drive is newer than the one currently in your car. Otherwise, it will say that you currently have the version already installed or warns you that you are installing an older version.
Once the update process gets started, it should take it a while to complete. This is where a USB 3.0 drive comes in handy. With the car reading from the drive during the update process, having a drive with a faster connection should allow the car to read the data faster and thus reducing the time it takes to update.

The program/app I usually use to unzip files is a free software called "7zip". It's something I've been using for years since moving from WinRAR on Windows 7. If you're curious, you can get it from here and choose the one for "64-bit Windows x64":
Download

·
Registered
10 Posts
The update website says:
"GEN 5 W AND NEWER SHIPPING ORDERS ARE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF THE NEW V16.5 UPDATE IN MID-NOVEMBER. "

However, I received an e-mail saying I should check back in December.

"If you can, Please check back early December for the release of the Fall 2022 update. We are sorry for any inconvenience."

They included a phone number 888-757-0010.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX Premium Package
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The only issue I'm having is the radio keeps deleting my radio preset and seat position settings and uses the presets of the 2nd profile. I'm going to try reinstall and see if it fixes the problem.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts