Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting some new rims and tires for my wolf gray gt line in picking up next week and could use some help on sizing.

Looking at these rims in 19in x 8.5 or 9.5 wide...

I think people are running 19x9s no problem but just want to confirm.

Would 9.5s rub our even fit? Offsetv work ok? Leaning twords 8.5. Don't want to do stagard sizing I'm assuming so I can rotate tires, it is a commuter as well.

What is the biggest tire size I can fit ?
Any recommendation on quality tires for good ride quality?

Live in near Raleigh NC so don't need winter tires. Have a truck with 4x4 for the 2 times it snows a year

Thanks for the help on the noob questions.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
One thing you will also have to consider is the offset. I think the offset for the stock wheels are 50-55mm, and lug pattern is 5x114.3mm (4.5in). Wheels with 8.5" width should be fine with a +45 offset. Any lower offset and you'll risk of rubbing when fully turning the wheels, especially if you plan on lowering your car in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing you will also have to consider is the offset. I think the offset for the stock wheels are 50-55mm, and lug pattern is 5x114.3mm (4.5in). Wheels with 8.5" width should be fine with a +45 offset. Any lower offset and you'll risk of rubbing when fully turning the wheels, especially if you plan on lowering your car in the future.
Looking at getting some new rims and tires for my wolf gray gt line in picking up next week and could use some help on sizing.

Looking at these rims in 19in x 8.5 or 9.5 wide...

I think people are running 19x9s no problem but just want to confirm.

Would 9.5s rub our even fit? Offsetv work ok? Leaning twords 8.5. Don't want to do stagard sizing I'm assuming so I can rotate tires, it is a commuter as well.

What is the biggest tire size I can fit ?
Any recommendation on quality tires for good ride quality?

Live in near Raleigh NC so don't need winter tires. Have a truck with 4x4 for the 2 times it snows a year

Thanks for the help on the noob questions.
Awesome thanks for the advice much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts