Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to modifying anything on a car but I bought my 2021 K5 GT-Line AWD with the intent of modifying some things... how can someone NOT play around with mods on this car? I am sure Kia made this car knowing tens of thousands of us would be playing around with it. I may sound stupid but I feel asking this forum is less threatening than walking blindly into a car mod shop.

1. I want to get new wheels and tires. I have the 18 AWD Pirelli wheels and tires and would like to up my wheels to 19 or 20 inches. I am assuming I would need to get tires that can fit this new size.. sorry, probably a remedial question haha.

2. The fake exhaust makes me stay awake at night... I have seen on 25 seconds (!) video of someone on Youtube who changed the exhaust to that of the GT edition... has anyone else done this? Know how to do this?

3. I bought the performance chip for the K5 and wondering if anything else should be upgraded for this chip ie brake calipers. Or should the calipers be upgraded anyhow when I upgrade the tires/wheels?

4. Audio.. gimme some pointers on ripping out the stock audio and ballpark pricing on loading this girl up with primo sound.

5. Sport suspension bar... has anyone added this to their K5?

6. Lowering springs.. does this affect MPG and or AWD performance? Can I lower only the back? Or would that kill the car/performance?

I am sure I will get more questions but let's start with these 6. Thank you all! This forum is awesome.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
1. For the rims, make sure that the lug spacing is 114.3mm apart and the new tires width are a good fit for the rims.

3. It's been suggested to change to better spark plugs to handle the new tuning from the chip. Your brakes should be fine unless you're going to take your car to the track/autocross with your car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't look over the rest of the questions before leaving. lol

5. Sport suspension bar... You mean like a strut tower bar? I saw someone getting one from ebay and adding it to their K5. It stiffened up the front and made the front a bit more responsive. Unfortunately, it's more of a 3 piece kit and looks kind of rough with the silver bar and the red strut braces that also kind of blocks access to the rear part of the engine and intake. Hoping there will be more affordable kits in the future that's gives a little more working room.

6. Lowering springs shouldn't affect MPG or AWD all that much, if at all. I wouldn't recommend lowering only the back, though. Although the car is AWD, it is still a FWD-based platform. You might end up lowering performance, handling, and MPG due to the slightly added lift caused by more air flowing underneath the car and pushing up against the back of the car more than normal.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Oh, I just came across this whole exhaust kit with EVC and flapper control for the exhaust. Seems to fit quite well into where the fake exhausts would be, but I don't know it it actually looks (without the distorted look) nor how it sounds or if it is worth that price...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts