Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just took in from seeing other K5 pictures that there's smart and eco driving mode on other models? My GT only has normal, sport, sport+ and custom.

Are those modes only available on other models? Or am I completely missing these features?

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
Smart mode automatically engages a fuel efficiency eco mode when you're not flooring it and switches to sport mode when you're being a "free spirit". Not sure if it'll switch to sport or sport+ in the GT specifically though.

EDIT, just saw you don't have smart mode either. Huh.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, didn't know that different drivetrain have different modes. Thanks for all the response! Wondering if there are other GT bois out there who only have the same modes as I do. Quite curious as to why they wouldn't put Smart mode or Eco mode on the highest trim..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting, didn't know that different drivetrain have different modes. Thanks for all the response! Wondering if there are other GT bois out there who only have the same modes as I do. Quite curious as to why they wouldn't put Smart mode or Eco mode on the highest trim..
If you want an eco mode simply set up the custom mode for eco in driver settings, I set mine up for full on wild, sport+ without traction or stability controls. So I guess I have normal, sport, sport+ and sport++

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
71 Posts
They probably assume you don't buy the fastest model to baby it. I've noticed that in Smart mode the pedal takes a lot of pressure to get the engine to wake up. I wouldn't want that in the GT.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My GT is the same as yours. Normal mode seems pretty eco focused though, it’s always a surprise how much more responsive it is when I throw it in sport +.
Ah I see, glad im not the only one. Yeah normal mode feels very sluggish in comparison to even just the Sport mode and another big jump to Sport +. Thanks!

They probably assume you don't buy the fastest model to baby it. I've noticed that in Smart mode the pedal takes a lot of pressure to get the engine to wake up. I wouldn't want that in the GT.
Completely makes sense haha thanks man

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Interesting... I always thought the GT also have the SMART mode as well. But yeah, the "Eco" mode is only on the base trim models, such as the LX and LXS models. They have the auto start/stop feature to save on gas as well.

For the AWD models, we have the added Snow mode that pretty much keeps the drive train in a 50/50 mode, but it also adjusts the the rev range so that it'll stay on a low gear at a higher RPM to keep on that power for low traction situations.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
15 Posts
I wish the GT has ventilated seats, would've saved me last summer

1 - 20 of 34 Posts