Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The issue just started today while my wife was driving on a highway, she said it just started lowering the volume while she was changing lane then it wouldn't come back up. She got home and I checked the sound setting and was able to confirm that the speaker setting is currently centered and the output only comes out from Rear speakers, when I adjusted the balance to Front absolutely 0 sound output.

Both Radio and Phone (BT audio & Android Auto) have the same issue.

I looked up this forum and could not find anyone whom reported this issue but found a few cases in a Korean forum and no one has seemed to fix that issue as the issue seems to fix itself and reoccurs rarely.

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

·
Registered
43 Posts
not yet. My wife has a 2020 Forte and her audio cuts off completely from time to time! The screen stays on and you can navigate it and all just no sound. Kia told us that they looked at the software and that it didnt need an update. They told us to record it for documentation and to show them the next time we stop by.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
48 Posts
Sounds like an internal amp issue in the head unit. I wouldn’t doubt they’ll need to replace your head unit. I very highly doubt that is a software issue.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
It might be the same kind of issue that we experienced with the Lane Departure System. When the lane departure beep comes on (as it often does when you change lanes without using the signal), it usually turns the volume of the background sound down and turns it back up again after the warning beep is finished.

On rare occasions, it seems to turn the volume down and get stuck there until you make the Lane Departure System beep again. Apparently, it seems to be an odd issue that isn't isolated to the K5 or Kia.

Do you think this could be what had happened to the sound?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be the same kind of issue that we experienced with the Lane Departure System. When the lane departure beep comes on (as it often does when you change lanes without using the signal), it usually turns the volume of the background sound down and turns it back up again after the warning beep is finished.

On rare occasions, it seems to turn the volume down and get stuck there until you make the Lane Departure System beep again. Apparently, it seems to be an odd issue that isn't isolated to the K5 or Kia.

Do you think this could be what had happened to the sound?
Yes, I think this is the problem, the volume setting got stuck at when the lane departure system was triggered, after I leaving the car off for a while, the issue's fixed... And again I don't doubt this would happen again.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Yeah, although a minor issue, I hope they find a way to get it fixed somehow. Earlier, I was sent a link to fill out a Kia Engineering survey about the car and any issues I've had with it. One of them was this and I described to them how it happens and what I did to get it back to normal during the drive. It may never be read by anyone but I hope the issues I brought up to them (some I never really encountered but seen others did) will eventually be seen by someone that really takes these kinds of issues to heart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I think this is the problem, the volume setting got stuck at when the lane departure system was triggered, after I leaving the car off for a while, the issue's fixed... And again I don't doubt this would happen again.
This happened to my 2021 AWD GT-Line while my husband was driving from Illinois to Georgia. He is notoriously a horrible driver/lane drifter and doesn't use his turn signal to switch lanes when no one is around. The lane departure warning beep was constantly going off (try sleeping through that when you are driving for 16 hours and it's your rest turn). At one point, we lost the front speakers for about 15 minutes, and then they popped back on. This is my car, so when I drive, and stay in my lane and also use my turn signal, I never have this issue. But, this is just another reason why I wish I had kept my Optima. I am very disappointed in the 2021 K5. I should have waited a couple years until they got all the kinks out.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
I don't remember any audio issues with my optima, but there were definitely occasional issues with the backup camera. It would occasionally stay on the camera even when in drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently, I am having this issue with the rear speakers. At first, it was no audio and now very low audio. 100% sure this is some glitch with Lane Assist because it happened right after Lane Assist triggered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts