I have the 8" screen, although I don't care about the wireless capability so the 10.25" wouldn't matter to me. But I still think it's crazy they didn't include the wireless functionally in the 10.25". Weird.
Wireless android auto don't work all the time eitherThis impresses me as the sort of thing that can be fixed with software. Isn't the Apple Car Play wireless broken as well on the 10.25" unit?
how does android auto connect to audio system from phone. Does it use WIFI or BLUETOOTH (what frequncy) for connection?According to the engineering menu, the 10.25" head unit is equipped with BCM89359 5G WiFi/Bluetooth Smart 2X2 MIMO Combo Chip with RSDB Support. Its key features are:
- Optimized for seamless interaction with enhanced wireless applications and feature-rich systems like Apple CarPlay and Google Auto Link, the BCM89359 device is the first WLAN combo architected specifically for multi-band concurrent automotive infotainment and telematics operation.
- RSDB support enables simultaneous connectivity to the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands, improving throughput and latency when using multiple applications.
- Integrated 5G WiFi technology provides the bandwidth required for multiple high resolution in-car displays, allowing uncongested 5GHz video to coexist concurrently with Wi-Fi Internet access and 2.4GHz Bluetooth hands-free audio.
- 2x2 MIMO technology delivers twice the Wi-Fi performance of any other solution on the market today, providing the highest throughput in-car network possible for multiple user experiences.
- A dedicated Bluetooth antenna enables concurrent operation of Bluetooth and WLAN applications and employs advanced coexistence algorithms to maximize voice quality and data access speed in simultaneous operation.
Mike, You seem very "connected" but do have any influence/contacts with Kia to get us the requested update?It's the same with all modern KIA/Hyundai models. 8" (standard) screens have Wireless AA/ACP and 10,25" (premium, Bose) doesn't. At least for now.