Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are any of you that opted for the 10.25" touch screen that comes with the Premium Package on the EX trim upset that Kia decided to remove the Wireless Android Auto even though it's standard on the 8" touch screen? It doesn't make sense that the more expensive EX with the more expensive 10.25" screen would not have a feature available on the less expensive 8" version. I have emailed Kia and I am waiting for their input.

I am aware that the "AAWireless" adapter/dongle, that brings wireless to any Android Auto unit, will be available via the Indiegogo campaign but the first units won't be out until December and those are sold out. The next batch will be available in March but we shouldn't have to use a third party to get the wireless feature. We need to put a little pressure on Kia to provide an update or other means to get Wireless Android Auto.

What are your thoughts?
I plan to contact Kia about this also. It makes no sense that the upgrade to the 10.25" screen brings with it a downgrade without the wireless Apple Car Play! Did you use the Consumer Assistance Center portal for your communications with them? Or did you have an actual email address? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX White
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I contacted Kia via their portal and received responses (example below) from: [email protected]

We have received your recent online contact and we appreciate the opportunity to assist. Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding product design details or information regarding design decisions. As the vehicle manufacturer, we value customer feedback and consider this information paramount to our brand. We will ensure your input is provided to the appropriate levels within KMA. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for contacting Kia.

Sincerely,

Haley S.
Kia Motors America

Are forum participants should contact Kia to issue an update that provides Wireless Android Auto to the 10.25" screen and have the AA fill the entire screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Neither is "broken"; Wireless AA & Apple Car Play are just not available for the 10.25" screen even though they are available on the less expensive 8" screen. That is why I ask that all owners of the 10.25" screen to complain to Kia to get them to issue a software update or other means to make wireless AA and ACP available.
I emailed Kia and this was their lame response:

We have received your recent online contact and we appreciate the opportunity to assist. Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding product design details or information regarding design decisions. As the vehicle manufacturer, we value customer feedback and consider this information paramount to our brand. We will ensure your input is provided to the appropriate levels within KMA. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for contacting Kia.

Sincerely,
Haley S.
Kia Motors America

I replied to that email with a more forceful request and notified them that I was requesting more complaints from a "Kia Forum". I have been able to get into the "Engineering" menu of my 10.25" screen and saw that it has a wi-fi module. We need to keep the pressure on Kia to get them to update the firmware for wireless AA.

I get the impression that not many Kia owners out there have opted for the 10.25" screen since very few have posted a response to this discussion. Come on people, let's mobilize and show Kia that their customers expect more them than just a lame response.
Who do I email? This Low Tech in the EX is really shocking. My 2018 Optima Ex had better technology. It had built in navigation and it worked well. It also had the side mirrors that folded back and individual setting for two drivers. The K5 doesn't have any of those.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts