Kia K5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
They blocked that way in one of the updates here's a another way. This is actually my method I shared on XDA, and he made a video with no credits to me Engineering mode в Kia Carnival 2021 — KIA Carnival, 2.2 л., 2020 года на DRIVE2 . There you can enable adb and install and launch applications from adb. I have not been able to get true root but I was able to run a few commands and dump my original firmware and modify it. I've just been terrified to upload it back to the radio because I don't have a restore method yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They blocked that way in one of the updates here's a another way. This is actually my method I shared on XDA, and he made a video with no credits to me Engineering mode в Kia Carnival 2021 — KIA Carnival, 2.2 л., 2020 года на DRIVE2 . There you can enable adb and install and launch applications from adb. I have not been able to get true root but I was able to run a few commands and dump my original firmware and modify it. I've just been terrified to upload it back to the radio because I don't have a restore method yet.
Thanx. We will try this. BTW check your pm

·
Registered
10 Posts
BTW what is your software version called?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Sorento 2021 version is:

Software: MQ4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210303
Firmware: MQ4_H.EUR.02.210303.MICOM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, but why would KIA make two infotainment systems, one based on Android with Linux kernel and the other one based on pure Linux?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, but why would KIA make two infotainment systems, one based on Android with Linux kernel and the other one based on pure Linux?
Kia and hyundai.
No idea tbh. They created these 2 units for different markets. But yea, we don't know why, but it is what it is unfortunately

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally got my car back after the timing was off. So I updated to the latest update from April and adb is now blocked gone from Engineering settings so all hope may be lost unfortunately. I can't even get the secret click menu to display wifi settings anymore.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
384 Posts
Anyone know how to get into the Engineering Mode for the 8" screen version? I was wondering if it's possible to dig up the code for that one and compare them.
Well from the looks of the dump I pulled, the PhoneProjection app has code that mentions wireless AA and ACP. Unfortunately, it looks rather incomplete. I can't tell for sure because I can't set the prop even with root it won't take.

Code:
.method public static isSupportWireless()Z
    .locals 2

.prologue
    const/4 v0, 0x0

.line 236
    invoke-static {}, Lcom/daudio/app/phoneprojection/util/PhoneProjectionUtils;->isSupportWirelessAndroidAuto()Z

move-result v1

if-nez v1, :cond_0

invoke-static {}, Lcom/daudio/app/phoneprojection/util/PhoneProjectionUtils;->isSupportWirelessCarPlay()Z

move-result v1

if-nez v1, :cond_0

const-string v1, "ro.product.opt.useppwireless"

invoke-static {v1, v0}, Landroid/os/SystemProperties;->getBoolean(Ljava/lang/String;Z)Z

move-result v1

if-eqz v1, :cond_1

:cond_0
    const/4 v0, 0x1

:cond_1
    return v0
.end method

.method public static isSupportWirelessAndroidAuto()Z
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 246
    const-string v0, "com.hkmc.software.connectivity.androidauto_wireless"

invoke-static {v0}, Lcom/hkmc/Feature;->hasFeature(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

return v0
.end method

.method public static isSupportWirelessCarPlay()Z
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 241
    const-string v0, "com.hkmc.software.connectivity.carplay_wireless"

invoke-static {v0}, Lcom/hkmc/Feature;->hasFeature(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

return v0
.end method
I was just tracing through this and looks like this "ro.product.opt.useppwireless" might be the key in determining whether or not wireless AA/AC is enabled. If the value is set to "0", then isSupportWireless() should return a value of "1" (assuming both AA and AC are detected).

Maybe this info will help someone in the future, if it isn't already out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone know how to get into the Engineering Mode for the 8" screen version? I was wondering if it's possible to dig up the code for that one and compare them.

I was just tracing through this and looks like this "ro.product.opt.useppwireless" might be the key in determining whether or not wireless AA/AC is enabled. If the value is set to "0", then isSupportWireless() should return a value of "1" (assuming both AA and AC are detected).

Maybe this info will help someone in the future, if it isn't already out there.
The device can accomplish wireless AA and Carplay KIA purposely disabled it probably to sell other models. In the system, you can see other US vehicles with the standard gen5 that have wireless AA and Carplay enabled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I found this thread 5 hours ago!
Frustrated is an understatement. Especially since their own site states the 10.25 includes wireless Apple car play.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Who do I email? This Low Tech in the EX is really shocking. My 2018 Optima Ex had better technology. It had built in navigation and it worked well. It also had the side mirrors that folded back and individual setting for two drivers. The K5 doesn't have any of those.
My k5 has both of those features, but it is in the "premium package" add on :/

41 - 60 of 70 Posts