Kia K5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the 10.25 screen with Navigation and compared to the 8" screen it has different icons and a whole different look. I believe that they are two totally different screens made by two different manufacturers and that might have something to do with the tech behind the wireless play. I would rather drop the 8" for the bigger 10.25 to include the extra features, look, and tech and still cruise with the cable hooked up to my phone. When Im driving I dont hold my phone anyway, it sits conveniently in its charging spot so I don't have a need for it to be completely wireless while I'm driving.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
Yeah, but I do kind of like just jumping in the car and it automatically goes and continues playing my Spotify playlist from my phone. lol

However, I do agree and if I had to choose, I'd rather lose the wireless AA/AC feature for NSCC-Curve... One of the drawbacks of getting the 2021 GT-Line and not waiting for the 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed Kia and this was their lame response:

We have received your recent online contact and we appreciate the opportunity to assist. Unfortunately, we do not have any information regarding product design details or information regarding design decisions. As the vehicle manufacturer, we value customer feedback and consider this information paramount to our brand. We will ensure your input is provided to the appropriate levels within KMA. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for contacting Kia.

Sincerely,
Haley S.
Kia Motors America

I replied to that email with a more forceful request and notified them that I was requesting more complaints from a "Kia Forum". I have been able to get into the "Engineering" menu of my 10.25" screen and saw that it has a wi-fi module. We need to keep the pressure on Kia to get them to update the firmware for wireless AA.

I get the impression that not many Kia owners out there have opted for the 10.25" screen since very few have posted a response to this discussion. Come on people, let's mobilize and show Kia that their customers expect more them than just a lame response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 on the frustration
Two weeks ago my wife got a new 2021 Sorento Hybrid-S with 8" head and AA connects wirelessly. If I so much as walk near it, my Spotify auto-connects and plays. Last week I bought a 2022 K5 GT-Line Premium with a 10.25" head and it is unbelievable that I have to stab my phone each time I want to use AA and I'm not thrilled about the constant battery top-off involved. Having to plug in makes the wireless charging feature useless if using AA. Why Kia would do this is baffling. This might do real harm to my marriage.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
For your wife's Sorento, remove your phone from the car's connection list and make sure her phone is prioritized (at the top of the connection list) instead.

As for the 10.25" screen and wireless AA/AC... I can't help you there. 🙁

61 - 80 of 83 Posts