Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to purchase/lease GTL AWD - Dealers in Dutchess/Orange/ Rockland holding firm to MSRP - anybody find a dealer budging or should I sit on sidelines and ride it out.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
I'm not surprised they are sticking to MSRP on the 22's. it is usually hard to get them to budge much on the new model year when they 1st come out. Add the chip shortage to the mix, I suspect they will not be receiving the normal volume of cars which means they will want to charge more for the cars they do get. I've heard people saying they are charging a premium over MSRP for some models.

In other words, probably not the best time to be car shopping. Although, I have heard that trade-ins are fetching a pretty good price, so you might be able to make up the difference on your trade.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
16 Posts
I paid sticker a couple months ago as I went to a couple Kia dealers and none had AWD and I wanted AWD.
Finally 3rd dealer had one and wouldn't budge on the price and had it in white which was my first choice and I needed a car as my 2007 Toyota rear axle went, had 252k miles on it.
I got 0% financing through Kia so that lessened the blow a bit to paying sticker.
not sure if Kia is still doing 0%

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
I was lucky I went shopping at the end of April, I was able to get $2000 off MSRP. Normally, I would have turned down that offer, but I took it because I knew what was coming with the chip shortage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Would like to purchase/lease GTL AWD - Dealers in Dutchess/Orange/ Rockland holding firm to MSRP - anybody find a dealer budging or should I sit on sidelines and ride it out.
Traded my 2019 Kia Optima ex for the 2021 K5 EX premium package , Glacial White( extra) . Got $23,000 for my trade and also some money off MSRP + the Kia's discount (k5 discount and military discount).
Of course we are talking about a 2021, bought mine in Orange county. Bottom line I got I good deal and I love the car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts