Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol. One of the (small) reasons I traded the Santa Cruz for the K5 was the way Hyundai does the cruise control. I figured Kia would do it right - like they always have - with an ON/OFF button and a rocker switch to set the speed. And maybe either use that rocker to cancel, or better yet have another separate button to cancel.

But noooo ... they had to follow Hyundai's model of having the ON/OFF button actually set your speed the first time you power it on. Thereafter, the rocker switch sets your speed (like God intended). TWO different unrelated actions will set your speed. :rolleyes:

I like to have the cruise on from the start, since I use it obsessively, and I don't want it to lock in whatever speed I happen to be going when I power it on.

Who thinks this stuff up?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,174 Posts
I have no idea. lol But by doing so, they also removed the functionality of switching to regular Cruise Control. The manual still states that you can switch it from Adaptive Cruise Control to normal Cruise Control but the function isn't there. I've already called Kia asking about it and they confirmed that the feature is not present anymore.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Whenever I used cruise, I always got to the speed I wanted to cruise, then turned it on, so the way they have it set up works fine for me, including when I activate it in slow traffic.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
This is how it should be. But the stupid Active Cruise Control is dumb. I have the fwd collision sensor disabled. When its disabled, I cant use cruise control. So stupid

I have no idea. lol But by doing so, they also removed the functionality of switching to regular Cruise Control. The manual still states that you can switch it from Adaptive Cruise Control to normal Cruise Control but the function isn't there. I've already called Kia asking about it and they confirmed that the feature is not present anymore.
I hope it gets fixed soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts