Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently tried to get my oil changed but was told that many of the service stations don’t have the new oil filter that the k5 gt line requires. I have to go to the actual dealership. Womp womp. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup, can confirm it's not readily available.

WIX # WL10473 is still a factory order for my company, and WIX has them on backorder only as production runs have been delayed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Called local brake masters they didnt have it in stock but said its available and all I had to do was call the day before so they could have it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
597 Posts
Can confirm its not readily available at the dealer either. Went for an oil change, they flushed the oil and then realized they didn't have a filter!!!!

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
52 Posts
Plenty of them available on EBay. I buy the OEM filters in 4 or 6-packs and change my own oil.

·
Registered
52 Posts
for those who have the skill and patience, that’s amazing. But I have neither.
I wouldn’t exactly say changing the oil on the K5 requires much skill but it does require slightly more patience than other cars due to the access covers that have to be removed and the extra step of draining the filter canister. Overall I’m done and cleaned up in less than 30 minutes. So much better than waiting over an hour at the dealer. Plus I use very high quality synthetic oil vs the conventional stuff dealers use. As for the roadside “quick lube” places I wouldn’t let them touch a matchbox car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
721 Posts
I wouldn’t exactly say changing the oil on the K5 requires much skill but it does require slightly more patience than other cars due to the access covers that have to be removed and the extra step of draining the filter canister. Overall I’m done and cleaned up in less than 30 minutes. So much better than waiting over an hour at the dealer. Plus I use very high quality synthetic oil vs the conventional stuff dealers use. As for the roadside “quick lube” places I wouldn’t let them touch a matchbox car.
I used to go to a gas station with a Mobil 1 oil changer all the time. They'd change it in less than 30 minutes and since they only use Mobil 1 products, I didn't have to worry what they put in there. It was pretty cheap, too. Unfortunately, they've long closed that place up.

The alternative if you don't want to change oil yourself and don't want to have them put in oil you don't know, is to bring your own oil and let them know you want to use those.

Anyway, good to know about the oil filter shortage. It's almost time for me to change oil as well, so I guess I'll have to make sure they have an oil filter available first before setting an appointment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You're better off going to the dealership for routine maintenance anyways, they traditional oil change is pretty comparable to reputable oil change places. Plus you have record of it being done at the dealership, which will help with resale especially if you're selling to someone who's a stickler for a tighter schedule. In addition to that, if you have a problem with the engine, etc warranty requires proof of upkeep and it's just easier to avoid paperwork and whatnot. I personally just purchased the lifetime maintenance package for the car that way I don't have to worry about paying for any of the standard scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did the same for my car. All maintenance included... Nothing to pay.
See with mine after looking into it...it's ONLY the oil change. so filters, etc I have to pay for. I'm not happy about it and felt I was mislead...but then again, my girlfriend never leased before and made them aware of that, and they told her she can bring her car back at any time and just pay for that month and pay a $400.00 early return payment and she would be all set. Come to find out...she is still held liable for the entire lease payoff amount. I co-signed for her literally BECAUSE they told her that if we had to cancel at any time, we can and not owe a dime. Let me tell you how pissed i am.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You're better off going to the dealership for routine maintenance anyways, they traditional oil change is pretty comparable to reputable oil change places. Plus you have record of it being done at the dealership, which will help with resale especially if you're selling to someone who's a stickler for a tighter schedule. In addition to that, if you have a problem with the engine, etc warranty requires proof of upkeep and it's just easier to avoid paperwork and whatnot. I personally just purchased the lifetime maintenance package for the car that way I don't have to worry about paying for any of the standard scheduled maintenance.
I just hate spending an hour and a half in the dealership for a simple oil change. There’s not a roadside quick lube place on the planet I trust. I’ve never seen one use OEM filters or any kind of remotely decent brand (no, Fram is not quality). I wouldn’t let a quick lube place change the oil in my lawnmower. I order OEM filters by the dozen or half dozen. I also only use Mobil 1 or Royal Purple oil. I save every receipt and document every date and mileage of my changes (5k miles). I also order 2-3 OEM air filters at a time and change them regularly. OEM parts ordered online are usually WAY cheaper than what the local stealership will charge you when u go in for service. Not everyone has the facility or ability to service their own car but if you can it’s worth it to me.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
597 Posts
The maintenance is covered on my car. Whether it's oil, brakes... Or anything, I don't pay. They follow kias recommended maintenance schedule.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts