Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
68 Posts
It is 6k in the manual as well. I checked the manual because in the Optima, the car indicated every 7500, so I didn't go in for my 1st service until I hit 7500. Then I learned that in the northeast it is every 5000 because of the harsh climate in the winter. I checked the manual, and there it was, but it was not made clear and there was no way to change the car to indicate oil change every 5000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
28 Posts
You're better off going to the dealership for routine maintenance anyways, they traditional oil change is pretty comparable to reputable oil change places. Plus you have record of it being done at the dealership, which will help with resale especially if you're selling to someone who's a stickler for a tighter schedule. In addition to that, if you have a problem with the engine, etc warranty requires proof of upkeep and it's just easier to avoid paperwork and whatnot. I personally just purchased the lifetime maintenance package for the car that way I don't have to worry about paying for any of the standard scheduled maintenance.
Cojax ,
You are 100% spot on with your comment. Why would anyone take a new car that is still under factory warranty to a quick lube place. I don’t understand. I work as an insurance appraiser and have seen MANY claims filed for engine damage caused by a quick lube place not doing things correctly. AND as you mentioned, our cars require full synthetic 0W20 oil. NOT a synthetic blend oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cojax ,
You are 100% spot on with your comment. Why would anyone take a new car that is still under factory warranty to a quick lube place. I don’t understand. I work as an insurance appraiser and have seen MANY claims filed for engine damage caused by a quick lube place not doing things correctly. AND as you mentioned, our cars require full synthetic 0W20 oil. NOT a synthetic blend oil.
Excellent points! Ever since my last car I've been going to the dealership for pretty much everything. It's easy, convenient not to mention most dealerships give their customers discounts for a lot of the routine maintenance.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
31 Posts
The maintenance is covered on my car. Whether it's oil, brakes... Or anything, I don't pay. They follow kias recommended maintenance schedule.
I would never follow the recommend maintenance schedule it’s way to
Long 3000 to 5000 mi the most and make sure it’s full synthetic it’s a turbo motor I have seen sludge in oil pans that go 7500mi for oil change don’t do it

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like O'reilly sells OEM filters also?

Part # 26350-2M000 Line: PGF

"Hyundai/Kia Oil Filter; Genuine Hyundai/Kia Original Equipment Oil Filter for your Hyundai/Kia vehicle. Engineered and specified by Hyundai/Kia, this is the same filter that would be installed by your dealer."
O'Reilly's website says the above filter DOES NOT the K5.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're better off going to the dealership for routine maintenance anyways, they traditional oil change is pretty comparable to reputable oil change places. Plus you have record of it being done at the dealership, which will help with resale especially if you're selling to someone who's a stickler for a tighter schedule. In addition to that, if you have a problem with the engine, etc warranty requires proof of upkeep and it's just easier to avoid paperwork and whatnot. I personally just purchased the lifetime maintenance package for the car that way I don't have to worry about paying for any of the standard scheduled maintenance.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking about going back to the dealership. Any time you take your car to the dealership, they record your miles and report it back to your insurance company. If the current mileage is higher than the estimate you have your insurance company, they will immediately raise your rates.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
25 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone thinking about going back to the dealership. Any time you take your car to the dealership, they record your miles and report it back to your insurance company. If the current mileage is higher than the estimate you have your insurance company, they will immediately raise your rates.
DAYUM. Thanks for the info. I haven't even thought of that before.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
68 Posts
Half of the dealerships profits are tied to servicing the cars they sell. It would actually encourage people not to service their cars there. I do not think the dealership would agree to this unless it is a state requirement or something. The only thing I can think of is if they do an inspection they have to report the mileage to the state, which would occur no matter where you bring your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Half of the dealerships profits are tied to servicing the cars they sell. It would actually encourage people not to service their cars there. I do not think the dealership would agree to this unless it is a state requirement or something. The only thing I can think of is if they do an inspection they have to report the mileage to the state, which would occur no matter where you bring your car.
I'm in California. I didn't even get an oil change when this happened. Brought my car in to change a part and my mileage got back to my insurance company (AAA)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts