Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats! I'm at about a month and a week with my stinger. About half the miles (~1600).

Done your first oil change? Fun times with the oil filter. Hope the k5 is easier.

That dash cluster looks identical. Gotta love recycled parts :)

Speedometer Trip computer Plant Car Odometer

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! I'm at about a month and a week with my stinger. About half the miles (~1600).

Done your first oil change? Fun times with the oil filter. Hope the k5 is easier.

That dash cluster looks identical. Gotta love recycled parts :)
Thanks

I haven't done the oil yet, I was thinking about doing it early at 5000, the dealership wants me to drive it 7500 before I bring it in for one

·
Registered
78 Posts
I always do my first oil change early on a new engine, usually around 1500mi (+ or -). If the oil and filter look good then next time around is 5-6K later. In this case, there was some fine metal in the filter, so next oil change will be in about 3500miles. Then I'll start with the longer intervals.

There's wasn't a ton of fine metal particles, but there were some (expected).

Ymmv

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the default service interval was 6000 miles on the K5. I wouldn't go 7500.
I saw the back of the KIA booklet the car came with says 8000, I was thinking it was 7500 for most of the models, but I'll probably change it every 5 as is tradition

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
I saw the back of the KIA booklet the car came with says 8000, I was thinking it was 7500 for most of the models, but I'll probably change it every 5 as is tradition
My bad ... I see the 2022 has a different service interval than the 2021 I have. Weird since it is has same engine.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
39 Posts
That is really odd..
Yes I was confused as well - before I got the car I was checking out the 2021 manual but for some reason they changed it in the 2022 year! Debating on taking it in every 5000 or just sticking directly to what is suggested as 8000. Seems a little long especially for first oil change. Would the dealer mind if I bring it in early and change the schedule to every 5000?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I was confused as well - before I got the car I was checking out the 2021 manual but for some reason they changed it in the 2022 year! Debating on taking it in every 5000 or just sticking directly to what is suggested as 8000. Seems a little long especially for first oil change. Would the dealer mind if I bring it in early and change the schedule to every 5000?
I would think they'd be more than happy to do more services, because it means more money for them. Idk if you have anything through the dealer you got the car from, I have the first 3 free. AFAIK they can be used whenever I choose

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
My dealer gave me an included 5-year maintenance warranty when I bought mine. They had an upgrade to 10 years for like a couple hundred more but gave that one a pass and opted to just stick with the 5-year plan.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dealer gave me an included 5-year maintenance warranty when I bought mine. They had an upgrade to 10 years for like a couple hundred more but gave that one a pass and opted to just stick with the 5-year plan.
I went with the 10 year comprehensive (bumper to bumper) but I'm sure they didn't technically give me the oil changes for free, even if it seems that way 🙄 oh well

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's funny reading this thread- there was just a post on jalopnik about car myths, pointing out that at this day and age you really don't need to replace oil less than the recommended timeline. Sure, it used to be a good idea, but engines run so much better now that there really isn't a reason to. Here is the article for your amusement.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having a GDI engine that's also turbo, I don't mind having cleaner oil, but either way the first change will be done slightly sooner.. whether the rest do or not

·
Registered
150 Posts
Having a GDI engine that's also turbo, I don't mind having cleaner oil, but either way the first change will be done slightly sooner.. whether the rest do or not
I am running the severe use schedule that moves everything up to 5k intervals.

I even changed the service interval in the information center to run on a 5k interval.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am running the severe use schedule that moves everything up to 5k intervals.

I even changed the service interval in the information center to run on a 5k interval.
Well I happen to notice this morning my UVO/Access app shows my 8000 mi service as completed the day I bought it with 10 miles... 🙄 So it says I don't need a service till 16k, which is an issue I'll have to bring up with Wyler Kia

1 - 20 of 23 Posts