Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well GT owners it seems we have a SECOND recall to worry about. Incorrect torque on fuel line ends. This could explain some vehicles low gas milage in a terrifying way.

Probably need to wait for the recall note in the mail but if you are extremely concerned I would say call your dealer...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well GT owners it seems we have a SECOND recall to worry about. Incorrect torque on fuel line ends. This could explain some vehicles low gas milage in a terrifying way.

Probably need to wait for the recall note in the mail but if you are extremely concerned I would say call your dealer...

Yep... Its legit. Posted in the UVO app too...

Still doesn't beat when I bought a brand new 98 Dodge Intrepid. They didn't weather proof several harness connections. They took the car back for 3 weeks and took off almost every body panel while they sealed and replaced most of the wiring.

I kept calling and asking what was taking so long. They finally took me back and showed me. I couldn't believe it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Screenshot_20210717-171216.jpg
Yep... Its legit. Posted in the UVO app too...

Still doesn't beat when I bought a brand new 98 Dodge Intrepid. They didn't weather proof several harness connections. They took the car back for 3 weeks and took off almost every body panel while they sealed and replaced most of the wiring.

I kept calling and asking what was taking so long. They finally took me back and showed me. I couldn't believe it...

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
And just so others with the 1.6T engines might be wondering, this only seems to be affecting the 2.5T.

I had my 1.6T checked just recently for any potential oil leaks and came back with "no leaks found, car is dry underneath" so that basically covers any fuel leaks, too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This one is a pain! They can't order the part ahead of time so it is an automatic 2 visit repair. One visit to 'observe and diagnose' second visit to 'repair'.

😒

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
252 Posts
I got my car with a torn rear seat... In February. Still hasnt been changed cause they don't have a part number yet.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
Bought my GT last Tuesday July 13th, the dealer wasn’t able to get the car registered so they gave it to me on dealer plates untill they found out it was because of this recall that it couldn’t be registered, I returned the vehicle to them Saturday July 17, and am still waiting to hear back from them. It’s Out of the dealers control, it’s just very frustrating especially since I haven’t had the vehicle for a week. And the recall doesn’t show up if I search the vin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bought my GT last Tuesday July 13th, the dealer wasn’t able to get the car registered so they gave it to me on dealer plates untill they found out it was because of this recall that it couldn’t be registered, I returned the vehicle to them Saturday July 17, and am still waiting to hear back from them. It’s Out of the dealers control, it’s just very frustrating especially since I haven’t had the vehicle for a week. And the recall doesn’t show up if I search the vin.
Did you install and link your UVO app?

If yes it should show down in the safety information.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hopefully since it is K5 and Sorento's the part will be easy to get.

Also wonder if there is a way to check if you have one that is manufactured within specs and does not require replacement. Then you only have to verify that it is torqued correctly and you're gtg.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
Hopefully since it is K5 and Sorento's the part will be easy to get.

Also wonder if there is a way to check if you have one that is manufactured within specs and does not require replacement. Then you only have to verify that it is torqued correctly and you're gtg.
I’m assuming since they’ve had the car for 5 days now it needs a new line and they’re waiting on it. otherwise I’m sure they would have torqued it by now, I’m going to reach out to my dealer today and get an update though

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
Small update from today.

I Went into my dealer to ask why my cars been sitting for 5 days with no updates sent to me, the general manager stated that he had got off the phone with higher up's regarding the recall no more than 20 minutes before I walked in, and that they still don't know if my car is affected by the recall. I was very surprised by this information as from what I can tell from the attachment I've linked, its quite obvious what cars are affected. I expressed that I would go look at my door sticker myself to see the manufacture date, as it would take no more than 5 minutes. It ended with the GM assuring me that they will get it done ASAP, however it is quite frustrating when I seem to have more information on the topic in 5 minutes of research, than the dealer has got in 5 days of having the vehicle, and even more frustrating that I've only owned the car for 9 days, 5 of those days being at the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great attachment! I wonder if your dealership doesn't have the torque wrench socket and/or crowfoot wrench so they can't do the repair.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
Great attachment! I wonder if your dealership doesn't have the torque wrench socket and/or crowfoot wrench so they can't do the repair.
From what I gathered they havent even looked at my vehicle as they don't know details on the recall.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
Have you decided how long you are going to give them before you call corporate?
haven't considered it to be honest, well see if they get me some information as the GM allegedly spoke to someone today "twenty minutes before I walked in" as the GM said

1 - 20 of 29 Posts