Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
384 Posts
Small update from today.

I Went into my dealer to ask why my cars been sitting for 5 days with no updates sent to me, the general manager stated that he had got off the phone with higher up's regarding the recall no more than 20 minutes before I walked in, and that they still don't know if my car is affected by the recall. I was very surprised by this information as from what I can tell from the attachment I've linked, its quite obvious what cars are affected. I expressed that I would go look at my door sticker myself to see the manufacture date, as it would take no more than 5 minutes. It ended with the GM assuring me that they will get it done ASAP, however it is quite frustrating when I seem to have more information on the topic in 5 minutes of research, than the dealer has got in 5 days of having the vehicle, and even more frustrating that I've only owned the car for 9 days, 5 of those days being at the dealer.
If they don't know if your car has been affected by the recall, then shouldn't they know where to check for such information given that they have access to direct information from Kia? If you haven't yet, you should show them your attached document, and of the NHTSA information about it to help them along. It would be bad if they are holding your car for this recall when your car isn't even one of the affected.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Ebony Black
8 Posts
If they don't know if your car has been affected by the recall, then shouldn't they know where to check for such information given that they have access to direct information from Kia? If you haven't yet, you should show them your attached document, and of the NHTSA information about it to help them along. It would be bad if they are holding your car for this recall when your car isn't even one of the affected.
That’s what I went in and did yesterday, and what do you know I get a text this morning saying my car is good to go. Picking it up this evening

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
118 Posts
I'm really learning how bad some dealerships are. I've had pretty good luck with mine, I guess I took it for granted.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
384 Posts
@Utig24
That's awesome! Great to hear that your car wasn't affected and got the registration thing sorted out relatively quick.

@DFranch
Yeah, I'm lucky to have dealt with a good dealer that's just a short drive away in South Florida. I know it's a rarity, especially with Kia dealers, but I've had a lot better experience with them than the Toyota dealer for my mom's 2020 RAV4 so far. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
5k services and recall completed today.

My fuel pipe was not in the recall and fittings were torqued at spec.

Added about 3 PSI of N2 to each P-ZERO to get them back to factory PSI. I guess they broke in and loosened up a bit.

Other than that a clean visit. Took about 3 hours including a car wash.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts