Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I made a post a week or so ago about a few issues I had with my 22 gt-line that I bought less than a month ago. One of those issues was that there was 2 very shallow small dents on the driver door that were there already when I took delivery. Car has been sitting at the dealer now for about a week resolving the rest of the issues. Dealer called today and told me that their paint less dent removal guy is unable to remove the dents as they are in the frame of the door. They are giving me the choice of going the more traditional route of sending the car to a body shop having the dents fixed and then repainting the door, or 3 free oil changes and a dash mat. They said they don’t recommend ever breaking the factory paint seal but that its up to me. What would you do?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Oof... With only those options, I might just pass on it and live with the dents, or maybe look into dent repair tools and see if they would work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oof... With only those options, I might just pass on it and live with the dents, or maybe look into dent repair tools and see if they would work.
Hello, I made a post a week or so ago about a few issues I had with my 22 gt-line that I bought less than a month ago. One of those issues was that there was 2 very shallow small dents on the driver door that were there already when I took delivery. Car has been sitting at the dealer now for about a week resolving the rest of the issues. Dealer called today and told me that their paint less dent removal guy is unable to remove the dents as they are in the frame of the door. They are giving me the choice of going the more traditional route of sending the car to a body shop having the dents fixed and then repainting the door, or 3 free oil changes and a dash mat. They said they don’t recommend ever breaking the factory paint seal but that its up to me. What would you do? View attachment 1511
Get a new car ,, sorry but they need to switch it out ,, the dash pad and oil changes is a joke offer and would of just pissed me off seriously they should make it right maybe see how good of a deal they could give you on a upgraded car like the EX or GT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I made a post a week or so ago about a few issues I had with my 22 gt-line that I bought less than a month ago. One of those issues was that there was 2 very shallow small dents on the driver door that were there already when I took delivery. Car has been sitting at the dealer now for about a week resolving the rest of the issues. Dealer called today and told me that their paint less dent removal guy is unable to remove the dents as they are in the frame of the door. They are giving me the choice of going the more traditional route of sending the car to a body shop having the dents fixed and then repainting the door, or 3 free oil changes and a dash mat. They said they don’t recommend ever breaking the factory paint seal but that its up to me. What would you do? View attachment 1511
I just went through this issue with my wolf gray all of a door ding. A shop fixed the spot spot painted it and cleared the door. Well it didint match was darker. I took it to Caliber Collision where they did an excellent job and now you would not know it was there. They has to blend into both panels. Car only had 200 miles on it. Pictures if needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just went through this issue with my wolf gray all of a door ding. A shop fixed the spot spot painted it and cleared the door. Well it didint match was darker. I took it to Caliber Collision where they did an excellent job and now you would not know it was there. They has to blend into both panels. Car only had 200 miles on it. Pictures if needed.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX AWD
22 Posts
When i took delivery of my EX i asked for them not to install hood deflector because i was adding PPF for extra protection. Got the car on delivery date and hood deflector installed ( crooked also ). I asked them to remove it and they made a dent and scratched the paint on hood to bare metal. The dealership sent my hood to get fully repainted and it looks perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts