Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dont have the grey but I can tell you the red paint is as fragile. Starting to realize that this car is quite delicate. Had a 2018 mazda6 that I bought new a few years ago and don’t remember it being this soft.
I’m about to buy a sapphire blue K5 GT and the first thing I’m gonna do is 3M protect the whole front end, I also have a chili red Mini Cooper S and red is so unforgiving with chips just like black. I tried the turtle wax 3M red wax and it didn’t fill in the chips at all, I’m about to sell the mini so if I find a product that works to kind of fill in the white chips over the red paint I will update

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has been chipping significantly! I have not hit anything or anyone. The chipping seems to be getting bigger View attachment 1848 View attachment 1849
Wow those definitely don’t look like paint chips, are you sure that you didn’t scrape it on a low curb, or maybe someone scraped you while parking, on the top left bottom picture that’s a chip but that’s a lot of paint missing on the other bottom portion. I recommend having a body shop filling in the paint they can do it seamlessly and then get some 3M protectant on your front bumper as soon as possible, you can buy the 3M clear protectant on Amazon and cut it yourself and watch YouTube videos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Those 2 paint chip spots looks like it lines up with each other. Was there any damage to the paint prior to the chipping getting that bad? Maybe a stray rock hit those 2 areas while on the road somewhere and started from there.
You kiss the curb that Scuffed Mark is not from paint peeling that's from either Rubbing the Curb or when you park in a slot you climb over the Curb and kissed it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Actually it wasn't from me kissing the curb lol i know this because my whole front end got replaced due to someone backing into it and left severe damage long story sort the fucken paint is chipping again in the same fucken place so please don't try and tell me it's from me kissing the curb when I know damn well that's not what it's from. Besides your not driving my car I am.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Actually it wasn't from me kissing the curb lol i know this because my whole front end got replaced due to someone backing into it and left severe damage long story sort the fucken paint is chipping again in the same fucken place so please don't try and tell me it's from me kissing the curb when I know damn well that's not what it's from. Besides your not driving my car I am.
Kissing the Curb

·
Registered
57 Posts
No Paint peels like that . That is a Scratch from Scraping the Curb or Something Close to like a Curb or a concrete pole Either way the Photos I saw shows where you kiss the either one the trying to say the paint is peeling

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
942 Posts
No Paint peels like that . That is a Scratch from Scraping the Curb or Something Close to like a Curb or a concrete pole Either way the Photos I saw shows where you kiss the either one the trying to say the paint is peeling
Didn't look like a curb scrape at all. The spot was much too high and the spot seemed too clean for a curb hit anyway. I don't even know where one would find a curb that's like 1-2 feet high. By that point, it wouldn't even be considered a curb anymore but more of a wall.

But she had already clarified that it was from someone backing into her car, not a curb hit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Didn't look like a curb scrape at all. The spot was much too high and the spot seemed too clean for a curb hit anyway. I don't even know where one would find a curb that's like 1-2 feet high. By that point, it wouldn't even be considered a curb anymore but more of a wall.

But she had already clarified that it was from someone backing into her car, not a curb hit.
If That's the Case then take the fucking Car back to the Body Shop or Dealer where she had the Front End Repaced or Repaired and Show them what the Paint is Doing Either that was a scrap or theres a possibility there Could have been a Air Bubble or Some little piece of Trash that was on the Car When it was Repainted and When She or Someone or Something Came in Contact it Cause the Paint to Come loose the Paint Didn't Seal in that Spot for whatever Reason THE Body Shop Should Redo the Job for NO Cost Since the Front end was Repaired .This Forum is Getting to be for the CRYBABYS if they Don't Like the K5s Why in the Hell Did they Buy them in the First PLACE IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU ARE DRIVING QUIT COMPLAINING AND JUST EITHEE SELL OR TRADE THE K5s For A Another Vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Who tf said I didn't like the fucken car ? I paid 29k for my fucken car , you think I would put that much money into a car I don't fucken like ? I'm not that fucken stupid. Anyone who puts that much money into a "brand new" fucken car has every fucken right to pin point shit that ain't right especially when it's suppose to be BRAND NEW! I don't need to look into trading in my car, I've got a current lawsuit going against my local dealership and the manufacturer, which is already in the works and will be going to court next month. Obviously the car i have has some serious issues so please , stfu cause I'm not no "crybaby". I paid alot of money for this damn car so i have every right to complain about shit that shouldn't be happening 💯💯

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Who tf said I didn't like the fucken car ? I paid 29k for my fucken car , you think I would put that much money into a car I don't fucken like ? I'm not that fucken stupid. Anyone who puts that much money into a "brand new" fucken car has every fucken right to pin point shit that ain't right especially when it's suppose to be BRAND NEW! I don't need to look into trading in my car, I've got a current lawsuit going against my local dealership and the manufacturer, which is already in the works and will be going to court next month. Obviously the car i have has some serious issues so please , stfu cause I'm not no "crybaby". I paid alot of money for this damn car so i have every right to complain about shit that shouldn't be happening 💯💯
True... Maybe the dealer would be a better place to bitch about the car you so love.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Who the hell do you think you are you get on here the Cry out your Tears . I ALSO BOUGHT A KIA K5 BUT WASN'T AS STUPID AS YOU I DIDN'T PAY 29,000.00 I PAID 25,000.00 WHICH IS A LITTLE CHEAPER THAN WHAT YOU PAID BUT IN THE END A LOT CHEAPER . I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MINE BUT I HAVEN'T PUT MINE IN A WREACK WHICH AFTER THEY ARE NEVER THE SAME AND YES YOU ARE A CRYBABY AND IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SUE THE DEALER AND THEN KIA IM LMAO .IF YOU HAD A LEGIMATED COMPLANIT THERE ARE STEPS YOU CAN AND SHOULD HAVE TOOK BEFORE TRYING TO SUE YOU SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT IF THINGS ARE NOT GOING JUST YOUR WAY YOUR WANTING TO SUE TRYING TO GET MONEY OUT OF BRICKWALLS ! BET YOU ARE TRYING TO SUE THE PERSON OR COMPANY THAT PUT UP THAT BRICKWALL YOU TRIED TO GO THOURGH AND COULDN'T . SURE Glad I Don't Know you you be Wanting to SUE ME FOR WINKING AT YOU OR JUST LOOKING YOUR WAY OR MAYBE NOT LOOKING YOUR WAY . SUE HAPPY JEANNETTE ALL NEW MODELS HAVE GREMLINS THE FIRST YEAR OF PRODUCTION .AND SOMETIMES 2YRS NO REASON TO SUE TAKE THE NEXT STEP UP THE CORPORATE LATTER TELLS YOU IN YOUR WARRENTY BOOK HOW TO DO IT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Think I didn't go through all the fucken steps? I can't just hire an attorney without trying to get the MULTIPLE issues solved on my own with the dealer. You guys are fucken idiots. I know wtf I'm doing. You guys have your heads shoved to far up your ass so get tf out of here with your bullshit. I obviously have enough proof that my car is fucked up or else I wouldn't have an open case. No lawyer is gonna waste their time on a petty ass claim that they have no chance at winning. I've already tried taking care of this with the dealership, look where I'm at now. Dumb fucks. I'm done here . Have a good one 💯✌😂

·
Registered
57 Posts
Think I didn't go through all the fucken steps? I can't just hire an attorney without trying to get the MULTIPLE issues solved on my own with the dealer. You guys are fucken idiots. I know wtf I'm doing. You guys have your heads shoved to far up your ass so get tf out of here with your bullshit. I obviously have enough proof that my car is fucked up or else I wouldn't have an open case. No lawyer is gonna waste their time on a petty ass claim that they have no chance at winning. I've already tried taking care of this with the dealership, look where I'm at now. Dumb fucks. I'm done here . Have a good one 💯✌😂
Have Fun with your Lawyer Who will take the Case sure if he wins he gets what 20% of what you may get or not get and with your Mouth you are not going to get nowhere but you realley must be a well I'm not lowering myself to your level I REALLEY HAVE MY DOUBTS THAT THERES ENOUGH WRONG WITH YOUR CAR TO TAKE IT TO COURT . It SOUNDS LIKE THIS LAWYER FOUND A DIMWIT AND IS TRYING TO TAKE HER AND WITH HER MOUTH I HOPE YOU WAKE UP BEFORE HE DOES . IITS STRANGE BECAUSE THERES OTHER OWNERS ON HERE WHO HAD LEGIMATED CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS THAT FOLLOWEDTHE PROPER STEPS WITH KIA AND GOT THERI PROBLEMS RESLOVED EITHER THOURGH THE DEALER OR THE KIA HEADQUARTERS MY GUTS TELL ME YOU DIDN'T TRY YOU JUST WENT TO THE DEALER AND WENT OFF ON THEM AND THEY DIDN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU ANYMORE WITH YOU YELLING AND CUSSING AT THEM SO YOU WENT TO A LAWYER AND TOLD HIM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT ✅ NOW I'M DONE Miss or Mrs CRY BABY 👶 CRY ME A HANDFUL THE TEARS JUST MIGHT TURN TO GOLD 😆

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have Fun with your Lawyer Who will take the Case sure if he wins he gets what 20% of what you may get or not get and with your Mouth you are not going to get nowhere but you realley must be a well I'm not lowering myself to your level I REALLEY HAVE MY DOUBTS THAT THERES ENOUGH WRONG WITH YOUR CAR TO TAKE IT TO COURT . It SOUNDS LIKE THIS LAWYER FOUND A DIMWIT AND IS TRYING TO TAKE HER AND WITH HER MOUTH I HOPE YOU WAKE UP BEFORE HE DOES . IITS STRANGE BECAUSE THERES OTHER OWNERS ON HERE WHO HAD LEGIMATED CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS THAT FOLLOWEDTHE PROPER STEPS WITH KIA AND GOT THERI PROBLEMS RESLOVED EITHER THOURGH THE DEALER OR THE KIA HEADQUARTERS MY GUTS TELL ME YOU DIDN'T TRY YOU JUST WENT TO THE DEALER AND WENT OFF ON THEM AND THEY DIDN'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU ANYMORE WITH YOU YELLING AND CUSSING AT THEM SO YOU WENT TO A LAWYER AND TOLD HIM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT ✅ NOW I'M DONE Miss or Mrs CRY BABY 👶 CRY ME A HANDFUL THE TEARS JUST MIGHT TURN TO GOLD 😆
Oh by the Way you can Hire a Lawyer for just about Anything if he or she wants to take the Case ITS THE JUDGE AND JURY WHO DECIDE THE CASE NOT THE LAWYER THE JUDGE CAN THROW OUT YOUR HEARING OR CASE

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
46 Posts
I’m not trying to get too involved or make any enemies but I think some of us are missing the point of this forum. We should be here to help and support each other with the issues we encounter.
If I completely disagree with someone but can’t add anything useful to the conversation I simply don’t reply.
We shouldn’t be concerned with insulting and yelling at each other as it’s just a waste of time for everyone involved. We all have common passion in our K5’s, let’s try to treat each other with some respect and come to solutions. Thanks, I’m ready for the hate or love. Have a great day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’m not trying to get too involved or make any enemies but I think some of us are missing the point of this forum. We should be here to help and support each other with the issues we encounter.
If I completely disagree with someone but can’t add anything useful to the conversation I simply don’t reply.
We shouldn’t be concerned with insulting and yelling at each other as it’s just a waste of time for everyone involved. We all have common passion in our K5’s, let’s try to treat each other with some respect and come to solutions. Thanks, I’m ready for the hate or love. Have a great day.
Completely agree, that person above you has went off on me a few times now for no reason at all. It’s really annoying seeing his rants of no grammar and all caps with nothing remotely useful to say. If you can’t get your point across in a respectful way than just move on please.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
942 Posts
if you can, you should get it looked at by the dealer. The paint is under its own warranty for 4 years, which includes paint chipping.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts