Kia K5 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a white EX and i put on a ceramic coating to protect it. My wife has a forte EX+ with only 700km and it has 2 paint chips already. I think that maybe all the new KIAs have all the same problem with the paint job.
I also have a white EX, and mine has 15,000 miles on it. I've had two chips on the hood -- both thanks to I-95 as I traveled to Florida. For those, I had a pro do a proper job. But, unfortunately, I've also had numerous tiny chips on the front bumper. For most of those low to the ground blemishes, I've decided to use white appliance paint to touch them up. To me, that is not a critical, in-your-face part of the vehicle, and so the easy-to-apply gloss appliance paint does the job. I know purists won't agree, but, hey, it works for me.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,177 Posts
With ceramic first, you might not get the best adhesion for the PPF, especially since ceramic coating is a wear product and have a shorter lifespan than the PPF itself. Regardless, you'd want to have a ceramic coat on top of the PPF to protect the film from water spots and other chemical residues, as you would car paint. It'd also make the PPF easier to clean and match the rest of the body.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is anyone else with wolf gray getting a crazy amount of paint chips? I have 10-20 chips from small into the clear coat to one bigger than a dime all the way through the paint. Only have 3500 miles and never get within 100 feet of the car in front of me on the highway. Have never heard any rocks hit either
Hi, yes, the paint is very soft on the 2022 K5, and I have had very micro size chips by the Kia emblem in the front of the car. In the past few months I've been waxing the car religiously every two weeks to keep the paint from getting damaged by bird turd, tree sap and landscapers blowing leaves and grass around my car. You just have to have the car waxed to avoid at least some situations. I highly recommend a good detailer or just doing it yourself. Apply at least two coats of wax every month. In the winter probably go with a good ceramic coat or graphene.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a white EX with the coating as well…. And my paint is chipping, as well….
Hi, yes, the paint is very soft on the 2022 K5, and I have had very micro size chips by the Kia emblem in the front of the car. In the past few months I've been waxing the car religiously every two weeks to keep the paint from getting damaged by bird turd, tree sap and landscapers blowing leaves and grass around my car. You just have to have the car waxed to avoid at least some situations. I highly recommend a good detailer or just doing it yourself. Apply at least two coats of wax every month. In the winter probably go with a good ceramic coat or graphene.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts