Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for phone Mount options or ideas. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Weathertech makes a real nice one that sits in the cupholder and gets to above the shifter in height if you aren't looking for anything permanent. The way the dashboard is laid out, a permanent mount seems more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weathertech makes a real nice one that sits in the cupholder and gets to above the shifter in height if you aren't looking for anything permanent. The way the dashboard is laid out, a permanent mount seems more trouble than it's worth.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently started using the Scosche Magic Mount (You can get it today at Home Depot or Amazon) and I love it. It has a semi sticky suction base so it works on glass and textured surfaces. The strong magnet keeps the phone in the correct position and doesn't tilt. Here is the Amazon link:

·
Registered
2021 KIA K5 LXS
20 Posts
I have always used car mounts in my previous cars, but with wireless Apple Car Play I don’t see any reason for them anymore. I either leave my phone in my pocket or throw it in one of the trays in the center console. All interactions with the phone can be done by voice or the infotainment touch screen. No need to touch my phone.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have always used car mounts in my previous cars, but with wireless Apple Car Play I don’t see any reason for them anymore. I either leave my phone in my pocket or throw it in one of the trays in the center console. All interactions with the phone can be done by voice or the infotainment touch screen. No need to touch my phone.
I would love wireless CarPlay but the EX with the 10 inch screen does not support wireless CarPlay. Seem ridiculous that the highest models lose that feature. That’s a major screw up on Kia’s part. Hopefully they will add wireless support later on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have this one and it's mounted drives side \ center of windshield near the A pillar. Sits far enough back to allow me to turn the steering wheel without issue. It's also a great view during driving.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got this one and love it. Its a fast charger and it opens automatically when you get in the car and closes when you get out. It has a cup holder that tightens and came with a vent clip mount too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PNTKJ87/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is the area behind the 8/10" screen flat enough for a suction cup to stick to? That would be the ideal place as its in line of sight without looking down. Or something on the left side of the windshield. The cup holder mount is too low IMO.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
631 Posts
They are relatively flat in those 2 areas. I took some pics for you so you can judge the flatness yourself. lol
Car Vehicle Light Automotive design Grey Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Car Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts