Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ebony Black GT w/GT1
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided on the K5 GT over the Sonata N-Line because the GT1 package puts all of the "goodies" back in the car that Hyundai and Kia take out with the 2.5L engine.

Picking up my black car tonight! Worked everything out with the dealer yesterday. I hope @Owyn999 can get his car! Dealer told me there are major availability issues with the GT and other than the 1 or 2 sent to each dealer, they should not expect any more for months. Might be a tactic to try and hit me with a higher price, which didn't work on me, but maybe not. I had put in a custom order with another dealer in late March and he told me Monday he had no idea if/when that order would be fulfilled. Thankfully this other dealer still had his 1 GT on the lot and it just happened to be in black, which is the color I wanted. Coming out of a 2018 Sonata 2.0T, so I've been spoiled by the snappy engine and couldn't go back to the 1.6L.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
61 Posts
Decided on the K5 GT over the Sonata N-Line because the GT1 package puts all of the "goodies" back in the car that Hyundai and Kia take out with the 2.5L engine.

Picking up my black car tonight! Worked everything out with the dealer yesterday. I hope @Owyn999 can get his car! Dealer told me there are major availability issues with the GT and other than the 1 or 2 sent to each dealer, they should not expect any more for months. Might be a tactic to try and hit me with a higher price, which didn't work on me, but maybe not. I had put in a custom order with another dealer in late March and he told me Monday he had no idea if/when that order would be fulfilled. Thankfully this other dealer still had his 1 GT on the lot and it just happened to be in black, which is the color I wanted. Coming out of a 2018 Sonata 2.0T, so I've been spoiled by the snappy engine and couldn't go back to the 1.6L.
I did get her as I just couldn't hold off I had a bad feeling that it would be as you suggest. And I didn't want to wait for a factory order in the blue that I wanted. It was a slog to get there. Also on the topic of the Hyundai the styling on the Kia is SO much better.

·
Registered
2021 Ebony Black GT w/GT1
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get her as I just couldn't hold off I had a bad feeling that it would be as you suggest. And I didn't want to wait for a factory order in the blue that I wanted. It was a slog to get there. Also on the topic of the Hyundai the styling on the Kia is SO much better.
Great news! Glad you got your GT!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
199 Posts
Welcome to the club. Availability is an issue with the K5GT everywhere. Not sure why. I don't mind it really. Have mine since February and I still haven't seen another.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Congrats on getting the car! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do ours. 😊 I actually haven't seen a black K5 up close before but does it have a metallic sheen to it like the blue or is it more of a solid black?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Nice, guess I'll have to see one in person. Pics don't seem to do it justice. lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
She looks so nice, like twinsies ;) So glad that you don't live in one of those places that forces the front plate on you though that would have been cruel.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Definitely looks nice. Looked like a perfect day to drive it, too! One of the first things I did was give the car a wash and a new coat of wax. lol Always good to have that extra layer of protection just in case.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was looking into it and am trying to decide if I want to get just ceramic or a protective film and then ceramic on top.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
199 Posts
I did front end clear protective film and then ceramic on top of it along with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
I've been using a car wash solution with ceramic formula for my car. I haven't gotten it properly ceramic coated but it's been treating the car pretty well. I mainly got it to wash my mom's RAV4 easier since it's such a pain to wash and dry a high clearance car. lol

Also, if you go with a protective film, I suggest looking into doing the whole hood if you can and if it's within your price range. It also doesn't hurt to do a detailed wash and ceramic coating on the car beforehand. Just remember that what you see now will be trapped under the film so having it prepped first would preserve it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Is there a benefit to having the ceramic coat on top of the film? I live in SW Ontario, so wondering if it's a tad overkill for this climate.
Not at all! A ceramic coating on top of the film help protects it from UV and also contaminants and dirt from eating into the film. It also provides a hydrophobic layer on top so as to help keep water from staining on it. It might also help with snow as it keeps your car very slick but I don't live in an area with snow so I can't attest to that. lol

·
Registered
'21 K5 GT
16 Posts
Not at all! A ceramic coating on top of the film help protects it from UV and also contaminants and dirt from eating into the film. It also provides a hydrophobic layer on top so as to help keep water from staining on it. It might also help with snow as it keeps your car very slick but I don't live in an area with snow so I can't attest to that. lol
Appreciate the input!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts