Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know how many people on here have owned Kias before and how many people are going to be first time owners with the K5.

I've owned a couple of Kias before (Forte & Soul) but they pale in comparison to the K5. After you answer the poll let us know what Kias or other cars you've owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a 2015 Forte LX, bought new in May of 2015. That was my first Kia. I'd always like the Optima's style, but couldn't afford it at the time. Then, in November 2017, I traded the Forte for a new 2017 Optima LX and loved it. I traded that Optima for the '21 K5 EX at the beginning of August, and I love it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 2015 Forte LX, bought new in May of 2015. That was my first Kia. I'd always like the Optima's style, but couldn't afford it at the time. Then, in November 2017, I traded the Forte for a new 2017 Optima LX and loved it. I traded that Optima for the '21 K5 EX at the beginning of August, and I love it.
Since you've owned an Optima, how do you think the K5 compares to it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the most expensive Optima of 2016, an SX-L with almost every option they make. I liked that car, but it was a lackluster ownership experience. It did everything as advertised and I picked up an unsold 2016 in 2017 for almost 1/3 off MSRP. Loaded up optima's in the mid $30K's didn't sell, so I took advantage. However, it didn't wow me.

My new K5 is all that, without the leather and the 250hp, but I so far enjoy this car more. My 16 year old son gets it in year, and then I will be getting the K5 GT, and if KIA is smart, it will be offered in AWD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since you've owned an Optima, how do you think the K5 compares to it?
Overall, I feel like it handles a lot like my Optima did. The new K5 does feel a bit more comfortable in terms of how it handles bumps and such. K5 also has more "getup" than the Optima did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts