Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX Premium - Crystal Beige
9 Posts
Update. Car has been at dealership for 2 weeks. They ARE able to reproduce my complaint. They can not figure out how to fix popping sound. They opened a ticket with Kia tech line 3 days ago. This morning the service manager sent me a text stating the tech line told them that some K5's have experienced this and it is due to a MISSING WELD. Car is being sent to local bodyshop to have this weld performed. If they miss welding 2 pieces of metal together what else could have been missed? And should this be a safety concern due to their negligence? He didn't say if it is just cars with a sunroof or not that this has happened to. So if you start hearing a popping sound that is one place to have them check, but mine has done it since day one. To answer question about happening on bumpy roads, no it is usually just pulling into and out of sloped areas such as my driveway that is uphill from main road.
Mine is doing this exact thing. It happens when I go over an incline or bump on a 45 degree angle....I am hoping I can explain this to them.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts