Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These came in a few months ago but won’t see the road until early summer when the temperatures stop dropping below 45F (7C).
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Light Tread

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Font Rectangle Automotive wheel system Parallel Circle

Enkei TY5 19x8.5 5x114.3 +35 Pearl Black
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Pirelli P Zero Nero GT (Max Performance Summer)
245/40ZR19.

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
84 Posts
Ah, I like the style of your wheels but 19 inches is too big in my own opinion. I know it's the same size as the stock GT wheels, but I like a little more meat on the sidewalls of my tires.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, I like the style of your wheels but 19 inches is too big in my own opinion. I know it's the same size as the stock GT wheels, but I like a little more meat on the sidewalls of my tires.
Thanks, the style is similar to the stock GT wheels but with more actual cutouts rather than just blacked out sections. I’m hoping to not have any problems by keeping the set up as close to stock as possible but a little extra meat never hurt anyone. Do you think 18s with wider side walls look better or is it just because it’s safer on the rim?
I’m currently running 245/45R18 for the winter.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
84 Posts
I actually like the look of more sidewall, it's an aesthetic preference solely due to being around a lot of classic cars as a kid with tiny wheels and monster tires.

Not gonna lie, I really like your winter set up!

I think you're pretty smart for trying to keep the dimensions close to stock for sure, makes it a lot easier to find tires. I think the 19" combo should be perfect for you. So long as you're happy with the results, that's all that matters! :)

I will request you update us though when the summer set is on. Really looking forward to hearing if it handles or feels differently to you.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually like the look of more sidewall, it's an aesthetic preference solely due to being around a lot of classic cars as a kid with tiny wheels and monster tires.

Not gonna lie, I really like your winter set up!

I think you're pretty smart for trying to keep the dimensions close to stock for sure, makes it a lot easier to find tires. I think the 19" combo should be perfect for you. So long as you're happy with the results, that's all that matters! :)

I will request you update us though when the summer set is on. Really looking forward to hearing if it handles or feels differently to you.
Thanks again. I have winter tires on for nearly half the year so I wanted to have something nice to look at.
I will do my best to post more pictures when the wheels and tires are mounted and then again when they go on the car.
I am also curious to see the difference in traction and handling, so hopefully we get a warm spring and I can sneak them in for a short test drive when I switch the winter tires back to all seasons. If not they probably won’t see the road until mid June.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
Ahhh, I see you went with the machined black Enkei TY-5s. I've been looking at the Enkei Raijin in Hypersilver myself. Either that or the Konig Dekagram in Gloss Bronze.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh, I see you went with the machined black Enkei TY-5s. I've been looking at the Enkei Raijin in Hypersilver myself. Either that or the Konig Dekagram in Gloss Bronze.
Yeah, these actually are my fourth set of Enkei wheels over the last 10 years. First ones were Enkei Fujins for my 2012 Optima, then T6S’ for my girlfriends 2015 Sorento and now Kojins and TY5s for the 2021 K5 GT. All have been winter wheels except the TY5s, they are for the summer only. We’ve been happy with them over the years.
You have a tough choice as those are both great options, bronze always stands out nicely.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
Yeah, these actually are my fourth set of Enkei wheels over the last 10 years. First ones were Enkei Fujins for my 2012 Optima, then T6S’ for my girlfriends 2015 Sorento and now Kojins and TY5s for the 2021 K5 GT. All have been winter wheels except the TY5s, they are for the summer only. We’ve been happy with them over the years.
You have a tough choice as those are both great options, bronze always stands out nicely.
Yeah, especially with the Sapphire Blue body. lol bronze/gold wheels on a blue body always remind me of the iconic Subaru WRX rally car.

A thing to note is that Enkei and Konig are both under the same company. They do their own thing but they also use similar wheel tech, like Konig's Flow Formed and Enkei's MAT forging. Different names but essentially the same forging technique.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, especially with the Sapphire Blue body. lol bronze/gold wheels on a blue body always remind me of the iconic Subaru WRX rally car.

A thing to note is that Enkei and Konig are both under the same company. They do their own thing but they also use similar wheel tech, like Konig's Flow Formed and Enkei's MAT forging. Different names but essentially the same forging technique.
Sounds a lot like Kia and Hyundai in a way. Whichever way you go, be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
116 Posts
Were you pretty set on the tire you wanted for the new wheels? I've been considering using the stock 18's from the GT Line for winter tires and running a new summer wheel. Personally, I was thinking about staying at a 19 because of ride quality and wheel integrity, but was also recommended by trusted friends that a 20 would be much easier to find tires for. So the real question everyone on the internet wants to know is... whether that extra inch really makes a difference?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts