Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi --

Apologies if this has been answered (I couldn't find specific reference).

Using voice recognition on my 2023 Kia Sportage, I can't figure out how to address the use of punctuation at the end of a sentence. For instance, if I end a line as a question, it spells out the word "question mark" rather than using the symbol.

Any way around this? It's driving me nuts.

thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi --

Using voice recognition on my 2023 Kia Sportage, I can't figure out how to address the use of punctuation at the end of a sentence. For instance, if I end a line as a question, it spells out the word "question mark" rather than using the symbol.

thanks in advance, Dave
I'm curious what you're dictating to your car that requires punctuation!?!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, to show my ignorance, I didn't know you could compose texts to someone. I thought the built-in replies were all you could do in that regard. What am I missing?
Oh sure, it's
s a nice feature. I'm addition to regular commands, you can say "send a text to [name]", dictate a message, it will repeat it to you, then ask if you want to send, then you can change it or send.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Hi --

thanks in advance, Dave
You know this is a K5 forum? Sportage might have different capabilities

1 - 12 of 12 Posts