Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still learning about my new 2021 k5 gtline. It's a bad *** car, but I have to say I'm disappointed in the audio system. I went and had an amp and subwoofer installed and my choice of audio source(via Bluetooth and Amazon music , Spotify) is corrupting my stuff(that's what the tech said any ways). So my question is do these cars not have a Siri's XM option or can I purchase like an optional audio source?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
By default, the GT-Line comes with a free trial for Sirius XM (mine ran out a couple months ago). You can renew it once your trial is over, Sirius XM will start mailing you to remind you of it. lol I have the 8" screen and have been using Spotify streamed from my phone just fine, though. Wireless AA/AC in the K5 (if you have the 8" screen) uses local Wi-Fi for connecting to the phone.

What kind of corruption are you having with your sub and amp setup? Like is the sound coming out all messed up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By default, the GT-Line comes with a free trial for Sirius XM (mine ran out a couple months ago). You can renew it once your trial is over, Sirius XM will start mailing you to remind you of it. lol I have the 8" screen and have been using Spotify streamed from my phone just fine, though. Wireless AA/AC in the K5 (if you have the 8" screen) uses local Wi-Fi for connecting to the phone.

What kind of corruption are you having with your sub and amp setup? Like is the sound coming out all messed up?
My phone has been hacked into before and it takes nothing for someone to get into your accounts through Bluetooth and through an Android phone. But I don't have an option for satellite radio and I have a free subscription that is just going to waste .I'm continuously downloading new music or trying to find a better audio source but no luck and am tired of the same stuff

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
That's strange, if you hit the Media button, it should cycle through HD FM/AM radio, phone, and Sirius XM, unless someone disabled it from the media selection. You can look for it in the Settings of the K5 UI (can't remember where off the top of my head but I remember disabling mine since I don't use it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts