Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys
Need your advice. I own Kia K5 1.6T-GDI
When I turn on the vehicle and gear is in P, there is strange rattling sound coming in cabin. When put on gas pedal and RPM is 2-2.5 the sound goes away. Also, same sound is when you put gear in R or D and foot is on brakes. No sound, meanwhile driving.
have any of you experienced same issue ?
today I visited dealership and they state that there is no engine issue.
Milage is 15.000 Miles

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
Do you have the AWD K5 model? Also, have you done any regular intake system or throttle body cleaning with your oil changes? I know GDI engines are infamous for rattly engine idles after a while due to carbon build up at the intake valves so having it regularly cleaned usually help keep the engine idle running smoother.

It's a pretty simple procedure that you can do by yourself. Give it a go and see if it helps. Look for intake cleaners containing PEA for best results, if possible (it might be restricted in some regions). Oh and remember to always spray into the intake after the intake sensor, but luckily there are a couple of easy to access areas where you can spray into.

If you need some more info on how to go about doing so, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@KunoMochi thanks for your reply and attention.
My car is FWD, it’s Korean version car with 1.6 T-GDI Engine, same specs as US version. I am located in Georgia, Tbilisi. Took car to the dealer and they could’t say anything. Tomorrow, I am visiting Hyundai dealership to get car diagnosed and I will also tell them your suggestion :) many thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts